Buildable water pump, fuel tank, camp fire, search light etc.

Woops

Question

Hi, 
i was looking for some tutorial, how to add to players some specific buildable objects (such a water pump, fuel tank, camp fire, search light, container, (and other, if you know which is possible to use), but i cant find nothing usefull (i mean simple enough) for me..

I want to make it some kind of reward for events, so i need to make that things buildable, such a storage shed for example.
So, no adding through database or traders (and then lifting with chopper). 

I found that dscha solved it somehow, but as he said, he is too lazy to explain how..

But.. if it is not possible make them buildable, i will really apreciate any succesfull tutorial how to add custom objects..

Thank you for any help..

PS: Sorry, english is not my native language and as you can see, i'm very bad in it..

4 answers to this question

I recommend you take a look at this page, its how I implemented custom buildables on my server.

you wont be able to make them into direct lootable objects, but you'll be able to give them the materials to make said items or something like that.

Thank you, thats not bad.. but, this addon gives ability to build that things for every player. And I want to make such things as rewards for something, so thats still not the right solution.. but, if it will be no other choice, it should be enough. Thanks anyway for help, i really apreciate it.

Knows someone else some other solution?

I was thinking off adding something like this to the donator reward system I have, I may have some time to work on that today. I wanted to set it up where you could use tokens to insert a building or object into the database using the players current location. I'm looking into the idea and if your interested follow up with me in that thread.

Thank you, thats not bad.. but, this addon gives ability to build that things for every player. And I want to make such things as rewards for something, so thats still not the right solution.. but, if it will be no other choice, it should be enough. Thanks anyway for help, i really apreciate it.

Knows someone else some other solution?

Hm, while its not perfect for what you're looking for...I think you could adapt it to do something similar to what you're wanting. Instead of the building recipe calling for lumber, cinderblocks, etc, you could make the "reward" item recipe start off needing something like....hemp, or some other item an admin can only get ahold of. the way its setup is that you have to have the first item on its list for it to give you the option to build, so if no one can obtain said starting item except via event or whatnot, then I think that would work for you, yes?