Problems with setting up the server

Sarasca

Question

Hey @ all,

so I'm trying to set up a private Epoch server on my local computer here. I've set up 2 private DayZ server (just the original DayZ). I didn't have any problems with setting up those 2 servers. But i don't know how to set up a Epoch server. Of course i tried to set it up with the installation instruction http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php/Server_Installation_Instructions , but these instructions aren't precisely enough for me.

Do i need the normal Dayz Server files, to set up an Epoch server, or do i just need the Epoch Server files?

Do i still need the client files for Epoch, even if i installed Epoch with DayZ Commander?

It's said that i have to create a new database called Dayz-epoch. But i can't even make up a new connection in navicat lite, without having a normal dayz server running in the background. Am i to dumb to get this? !! Need probably the most help with this one !!

Then i have to change my HiveExt.ini mysql connection information. Am i right that this is optional? I mean i don't have change this if i don't want to, right?

Launch the server with -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server; use the *.bat files for an example. Which .bat file should i execute to start the server (e.g. if i want to run a Chernarus Epoch server, do i have to start the DayZ_Epoch_instance_11_Chernarus.bat then? And if so, then the line with "Launch the server with -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server; use the *.bat files for an example." isn't needed anymore, because "-mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server" is allready written in the .bat file.)

So, i want to set up a local DayZ Chernarus Epoch Server, what do i need exactly and how do i set it up? (Maybe i'm not alone out here who think, that the installation instruction could be a bit more precise, OR i'm just to dumb to get it)

(If there are any german people here who could help me, you could do me a favor, if you would write in german, so that i can understand the instruction even better, if there aren't any german people, then just ignore this part of the post here :))

I hope that anyone can help me. Thanks a lot.

Sarasca

1 answer to this question