[RESOLVED] cannot interact with debris

tdinerd12

Question

I cannot interact with road debris to remove and loot.

I am running two servers with Epoch 1.0.1.5.  One on ViLayer running Lingor Epoch, and one on SurvivalServers running Chernarus Epoch.  I have added no other mods to the servers, and when connecting to the Lingor Server, I have the following Arma II Expansions running in client: Arma 2: British Armed Forces, Arma 2: Private Military Company, beta, expansion, DayZ Epoch, DayZ Epoch 1.0.1.5, Lingor Island 1.5, Arma 2, Arma2: Operation Arrowhead.

When I come across a pile of debris, or a wrecked car along the side of the road, I scroll the mouse wheel to pull up the menu, and don't get any options.  There isn't even the name of the object to the right of the aiming reticle in the center of the screen like when you look at any other interact-able item.  I have a toolbox in my inventory.

Does anyone have any idea why the remove option does not show up?  I would rather play the game more before I have to learn how to mod it.  However, I did dig around in dayz_server.pbo and found remove.sqf that seems accomplish what I want to do, but it almost seems like it is not loading.  Has anyone else had this issue with ViLayer?  Does anyone know how menu options get added to the interaction menu so that I may start to look a little deeper on my own just in case no one has seen this issue?

I have seen a few other forum posts on this forum about this issue but all that was posted after the issue was solved was something to the effect of "It's fixed...", which does not help users who may have these issues in the future.  I have even replied to one of the posts, but I assume a new post will get more reads.

Thanks!

Edit: I do receive a "Check Cargo" option, which I understand to be an Epoch feature, so I assume some of the scripts are being read by server.

6 answers to this question

I logged in with crowbar and toolbox in inventory, and still could not interact with debris piles or wrecks.  I even completely removed @DayZEpoch and @lingor folders from local drive, and recopied fresh files.  Still no luck.  I have also already reloaded mods on server since the server was set up two days ago. With no improvements in any case.

I may have been mistaken about the remove.sqf being in dayz_server.pbo.  After digging around for the past few hours, I believe it was actually in dayz_code.  In any case, I am following the instructions found in this forum to manually update a vilayer server.  It's taking forever, didn't really realize until now just how slow 1 Mb upload is. :(

i have disabled the extra DayZ Epoch expansion in the Arma II OA expansions main menu option.  Since I listed the installed expansions, I have removed and reinstalled the mods I need.  I should be testing the server in a few minutes (after reinstalling Epoch Mod (client and server) and Lingor map on server, as well as reinstalling mods on my local machine.

I will post my findings asap.

Thanks for the effort so far!, hopefully I can get this set up this weekend.

I have no idea what the issue was, but I uninstalled all mods through vilayer control panel, and reinstalled, and now it works.  Note: This included removing the database, which was the only thing i left installed since day 1, the only thing I did to modify the database was to run the sql script linked from the extended server installation instructions.  Not sure where the hiccup was, but I would assume it had something to do with the vilayer hosting.

Now it's time to kill some zeds.