anti sniper

Achmed

There are a few things you can do to make missions harder to snipe out.

1. Setup a perimeter patrol group and a vehicle patrol group. They will keep you from staying in one spot too long.

2. Put a condition on a target that is hidden inside a fortification that has to be killed for loot to spawn. Forces CQC.

3. Heli patrols around the mission location

4. Set a snipe timer. (check player distance at 500m or so and if no players are present and an AI unit dies start a timer. Give em say 2 mins to kill all the ai or the mission fails and clears itself.) That way they are forced to engage within 500m or be a super duper sniper bad ass. Properly setup AI and patrols will be a significant challenge to a sniper at 500m.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys are crazy. I have to agree about rolling up in armored vehicles and mowing down the ai without being shot at. I notice this only happens when players are in a vodnik, So I countered this kind of "cheating" by adding the RPG option. Now players are merely driving by missions to say stary trader and bam they get hit by an rpg from a mission they happened not to see.

@FoamysWorld bro I feel you. We all want these missions to be difficult and prevent players from walking all over the Ai like they aint even there and making out with backpacks full o' briefcases for little or no work or effort.  But do you have any idea how much I/you would get bitched at by our players if we implemented your Mission Impossible setup?

I would love to add an extra group of only snipers with anti-material gear and have their KSVKS, m107's, M60's machine guns (AI with these weapons still fire on vodniks), maybe that single shot grenade launcher. BUT i'd like their body's or their gear to DISAPPEAR after they are killed, like the RPG's are removed on death.

Anyway this is possible?

@MathewJknott Players sitting back at 1k is what they have to do mate.  Have you ever tried some of the mission on your own.  Anything closer then 500m and you're asking for death, and wasting your time even attempting the mission.  The AI will notice you fire back, even if they miss, they will pin you down long enough for a group of AI to flank you.  IMO a player sitting back at 1k is still using his bullets, using his skill, being smart, and working to complete the mission as safely as possible. These players are not your problem.  Guys in vodnik's rolling up, just sitting on the turret, AI wont shoot at him while he mows them down only 30m away are the problem :)

You guys are crazy. I have to agree about rolling up in armored vehicles and mowing down the ai without being shot at. I notice this only happens when players are in a vodnik, So I countered this kind of "cheating" by adding the RPG option. Now players are merely driving by missions to say stary trader and bam they get hit by an rpg from a mission they happened not to see.

@FoamysWorld bro I feel you. We all want these missions to be difficult and prevent players from walking all over the Ai like they aint even there and making out with backpacks full o' briefcases for little or no work or effort.  But do you have any idea how much I/you would get bitched at by our players if we implemented your Mission Impossible setup?

I would love to add an extra group of only snipers with anti-material gear and have their KSVKS, m107's, M60's machine guns (AI with these weapons still fire on vodniks), maybe that single shot grenade launcher. BUT i'd like their body's or their gear to DISAPPEAR after they are killed, like the RPG's are removed on death.

Anyway this is possible?

@MathewJknott Players sitting back at 1k is what they have to do mate.  Have you ever tried some of the mission on your own.  Anything closer then 500m and you're asking for death, and wasting your time even attempting the mission.  The AI will notice you fire back, even if they miss, they will pin you down long enough for a group of AI to flank you.  IMO a player sitting back at 1k is still using his bullets, using his skill, being smart, and working to complete the mission as safely as possible. These players are not your problem.  Guys in vodnik's rolling up, just sitting on the turret, AI wont shoot at him while he mows them down only 30m away are the problem :)

Yes you can script your AI to be deleted when they die. Use an alive check.

I disagree that users would be upset by difficult missions. Seems to me the missions that are out there are pretty generic and easy. It's why I create my own missions with FMission.

http://foamysworld.github.io/EpochStuff/