Custom SQL Calls

Randomness

Question

I read the wiki page, but I still dont completely understand how this works. Could someone perhaps explain how to use this to save / update data? Preferably give a bunch of examples so i can see how its used (or is this only used to LOAD info?)

Also does this:

DbName in TBLNAME is either Character or Object The requested Table must be previously-enabled for custom data queries through HiveExt.ini

mean we cannot use this for custom tables?

I guess that the 999 can get use this, since it uses SQL syntax to execute the query?

EXEC Stored_procedure; 

With the stored proc/func I was thinking of a solution the Epoch Dev guys would also accept.

Instead of a 999-Query, a new CHILD service could execute a server side stored proc/func.

Thanks man! :)

I'm not yet getting though, how a custom event could access such resources (e.g. tables) in the server DB which are not supported by the vanilla hiveext.dll.

(sorry if I'm missing/getting something wrong here, lot of new infos in this topic)

When you said "to call any server function" i thought from the client to do so...since the .dll is in the server and not in everybody's client files....so for example you wont be able to run SQL queries from your mission.pbo files.

With this custom client->server command sending you could make a function in the server (like the example i did for the events) that takes parameters send by your client script function...and then with that data run any sql query you want on the server and get back the results to the client (if you need to retrieve data..).

But yeah, this wont execute sqls by itself, its just a way for the client to send execution command to the server for it to do the sqls or something.....

Basically you dont want to have any SQLs in your client files...those things should be hidden from everybody...for security reasons.

yeah

Ok, I have to accept (for now), that there's no way around Soul's god-mode DLL. I will start to make the steps you made for custom client-side requests.

The custom DLL is backward compatible then, right? So that I can just really replace the DLL and nothing else? My dev server is just vanilla 1.0.5.1 (yet).