Ruby, Topaz etc, now what ?

Sandbird

Question

I was using rubies on 1031 server as a higher tier currency. I am in the process of updating the server now to 1042 and i wanted to ask a few questions about it.

Are rubies not generated on the map ? Like iron_veins etc ? If yes, what is the classname called ? The drop rates ?

If they are not, how will i use them again as currency ?  Trade metals has been removed and setting the the afile to trade_items_old doesnt really help since i was using it in the Trader Metals menu, to exchange rubies for the Heli-Evac script (to be able to build an evacuation chopper spawn point).

You traded 10 suitcases for a ruby, then look at the chopper with the ruby in the inventory and the menu to set point would activate.

-Thanks

5 answers to this question

Gems have a 40% chance of dropping from the mining veins.  you can increase or decrease the veins from your init.sqf with the line:

MaxMineVeins = 100;  //Default: 50

the link to the tutorial to adding back trade metals with gems only.  

It is now confirmed working and you can "sell" your gems from the traders for any amount of gold/silver/gems you choose.  However you made the chopper accept the ruby should still work.

Gems have a 40% chance of dropping from the mining veins.  you can increase or decrease the veins from your init.sqf with the line:

MaxMineVeins = 100;  //Default: 50

the link to the tutorial to adding back trade metals with gems only.  

It is now confirmed working and you can "sell" your gems from the traders for any amount of gold/silver/gems you choose.  However you made the chopper accept the ruby should still work.

Yeah i found the thread yesterday, but thanks for the vine value ...didnt know what :)

My guess is that its in percentage right ? cause you said 40 is the default and i see 50 there :P

Yeah i found the thread yesterday, but thanks for the vine value ...didnt know what :)

My guess is that its in percentage right ? cause you said 40 is the default and i see 50 there :P

No, the percentage is hard coded elsewhere, that's just a number of how many spawn on server restart.  Its like the max vehicle number it spawns 50 (default) veins each restart in random locations.  larger maps would need more veins to make them find able.