login positions

Achmed

Question

7 answers to this question

This happens to me only when I log into another Epoch server and then return. I wish your position could be maintained when you return. I like to play Chern and Taki but because of the random respawns it essentially limits you to one server if you have setup a basecamp.

Thats where it confused me, on standard dayz i was able to upload a changed mission/server file with out beibg moved to a new spawn location. I dont change the map at all, just upload the changed file.

Is there any way to temp disable it while im adding custom scripts as it gets quite annoying having to find a new vehicle and travel back to where i need to be.

There must be a way to maintain your log off location across each map in the hive so we don't randomly spawn on the coast each time.  I see what is happening in the database with the InstanceID change, but I have yet to figure out where in the code it forces the random spawn just because the InstanceID changes.  The Worldspace coordinates are saved in two separate fields for two maps, in my case Chernarus and Lingor, but the code doesn't use the saved log off coordinates after it detects the InstanceID change.

Any ideas from the Dev team?

A few of my players have reported this but also in seperate occasions

A couple said they logged into the same position but their gear was reset to the new spawn gear.

Also 1 guy said he lost 3k Humanity

Not sure if they are linked to same problem