disappearing gear, to many vehicles

Dismal

Question

after upgrading, i have hundreds of vehicles spawning even though the max vehicles is set to 50.

also a few players have reported that after restart they respawn as a new spawn, with no gear.

when i updated it killed my database, probably a vilayer issue. so i reinstalled mysql and epoch and started fresh.

any help would be appreciated.

6 answers to this question

Ok i switched hosts, i was having alot of issues with the 1.0.4 and vilayer. the server would come up and everyone would restart on the coast, and then the DB would crash 30 minutes later. the ticket was cleared without feedback and it was never fixed.

I'm with HFB now and all seems pretty good. i am still having 2 issues.

The maxvehiclelimit doesn't seem to be effecting the amount of vehicles spawning on the map in anyway. i have it set at 125 and i currently have almost 500 vehicles spawning on the map. what can cause this issue?

I also have players regularly rolling back after restart, even though they leave before restart. they are not really losing a lot of gear, but its frustrating to have players complain of roll backs every restart.

That seems to do the trick man, thank you. Not sure why it went all haywire to begin with. 

Is there a way to just remove server spawns vehicles? im having a hell of a time figuring out which is player bought and which isnt.

If you go into your database, list only objects with a characterID of 0. That will also show some built objects, but most of what you see will be vehicles. With a characterID of 0, they are spawned vehicles.