G36 magazines & AK 107 PSO

~CJ~

Is there any chance the g36 and g36 SD magazines will make it on a vendor in a future update along with the AK 107 PSO rifle. The magazines drop with the M8's as well as the g36 yet we have no place to buy or sell them should we want to. It would be nice to see everything on the loot table make it to the vendor listing for all Epoch servers instead of having to manually add it. 

That's not the point. Why do the weapons spawn in with magazines not on the vendor list? Personally I don't use the weapons or magazines but if they are going to spawn in then the ammunition should be included on the vendors otherwise why not just change the spawn magazines to STANAG? Somewhere during the addition of the weapons someone made the decision to use the G36 magazines with the M8's which is fine but they should be available to buy and sell. If you're adding a weapon to the mod then the ammunition should be added to the vendors as well in my opinion. Most will say its not a big deal and its not, it doesn't break the game, I get that but it would be nice to see them included. 

His point is they are still missing from the SQL. They should be there but they are not and the AK-107 was added into the game a long time ago. If people want to run the standard Epoch they shouldn't need to edit the db to add missing items that spawn in game. For me it is not an issue since I have edited the DB a fair amount. 

His point is they are still missing from the SQL. They should be there but they are not and the AK-107 was added into the game a long time ago. If people want to run the standard Epoch they shouldn't need to edit the db to add missing items that spawn in game. For me it is not an issue since I have edited the DB a fair amount. 

Why do they "have to"? Just because something spawns in the game doesn't mean it has to be offered at the traders. This is especially true when there is an item that already serves that purpose such as Stanag and G36 mags being basically the exact same thing. 

You are arguing for the sake of arguing. Every other item spawned through the loot tables is on the trader list. Items that were missing in the past have been added to the trader items table. The 107 (which you seem to have avoiding every post) and the G36 mags are two more missing items. 

The only time I want them on the vendors is when I go to sell things and forget I can't sell G36 mags

Your own words and all he is really asking for. 

The frustration of not being able to sell everything is certainly something that's been chipped away at and has really come a long way.

Not everything is meant to be sold at the traders, and more things will be added.  It's not neccesarily my focal point as I've a lot of assets to manage and review to ensure we're not getting hit with strange performance issues as a result.

As you may or may not know, the current trading system with vendors is a 2-way street.  This means if it can be sold, it can be purchased.

We don't always want someone able to purchase a rare weapon right out of the gates of a patch launch.  Sometimes we let it sit for a bit and actually have the weapon USED before we open the gates on buying/selling.

This is after all something you guys can easily tailor to your liking.  Perhaps this should be a thread on "HOW DOES: Add items to my traders?"

Sequisha  I appreciate your explanation and taking the time to do so. I just found it odd that an item (magazines) that is so prolific weren't on the vendor list by now. I don't have access to our database but I know the admin and can probably get them added. Keep up the awesome work you guys are doing, this is one older guy that truly enjoys it.

Not... true... at... all.. Lockboxes, combination locks, hammer heads, chainsaws, 2-cycle oil, documents.... just to name a few. 

Oh please. 

Items that were missing in the past have been added to the trader items table

Must have missed that bit. 

Sequisha I understand that, the items in question were not those listed above although they are rather prolific they might as well be and yes I have added all of the above to the traders due to the rather large number of world spawns (exception being Chainsaws which are essentially a novelty item). 

The AK-107 is really no different to the M16 with ACOG, the AWM was added to the trader but this weapon was not. With the introduction of the XM8 series and G36 to the general  loot table you see a lot more of the G36 polymer type magazines. 

For rarer items I have the stock set to 0 which means they are only available to buy if someone has sold one in the past. To be honest I think this is the best way and creates an economy rather than having magic stock deliveries every day. With the exception of vehicles\buildables I rarely buy anything from the traders.

Oh please. 

Oh please what? You stated "every item" available through loot spawns was on the traders. So I pointed out a handfull I could think of off the top of my head that disproved your hasty generalization.  Shall we continue? KSVK and DMR... 

I mean really, there is a lot that can spawn but is not available at the traders. 

Sequisha  I appreciate your explanation and taking the time to do so. I just found it odd that an item (magazines) that is so prolific weren't on the vendor list by now. I don't have access to our database but I know the admin and can probably get them added. Keep up the awesome work you guys are doing, this is one older guy that truly enjoys it.

Hell yeah, rock on brother; thanks for sticking with us and playing ;)

Oh please what? You stated "every item" available through loot spawns was on the traders. So I pointed out a handfull I could think of off the top of my head that disproved your hasty generalization.  Shall we continue? KSVK and DMR... 

I mean really, there is a lot that can spawn but is not available at the traders. 

Please go and troll someone else.

The DMR was in the traders and had been for some time, it was removed when it was removed from the loot table. The SQL is usually the last thing to get updated,because the devs are usually busy bringing us cool new stuff to play with or have a life (thank you). Pretty much all the items you mentioned are newly added items, the exception being combi locks, lock boxes, and hotwire kits which were designed as zombie only drops. Breeze blocks, mortar buckets were not on the vendor list but are now. As I posted most of the items added to the game eventually make their way onto the vendors. Specifically those two items did not. 

Please go and troll someone else.

The DMR was in the traders and had been for some time, it was removed when it was removed from the loot table. The SQL is usually the last thing to get updated,because the devs are usually busy bringing us cool new stuff to play with or have a life (thank you). Pretty much all the items you mentioned are newly added items, the exception being combi locks, lock boxes, and hotwire kits which were designed as zombie only drops. Breeze blocks, mortar buckets were not on the vendor list but are now. As I posted most of the items added to the game eventually make their way onto the vendors. Specifically those two items did not. 

DMR is still in the loot table or was as of 1.3.0, just super rare. Also can you show me which vendor on a vanilla Epoch server sells KSVKs and Chainsaws? I haven't been able to find them. Yes that last part was sarcasm. Apparently correcting someone's erroneous statement they made as a counter to your own is now to be considered trolling them. 

As you stated you modified your SQL Database a good deal so it is possible that you don't realize that there are quite a few items you just can't sell or by from the vendors on a vanilla server. Then again, pointing out reality to you is apparently offensive.