AI Missions Spawning Novy Sobor

I know this is a common issue, but it's one there are very few solid answers for.

What i've gathered so far is that the missions in the AI Mission System are set up to choose from a set of potential spawn points. It checks them to see if they are suitable to spawn in using a set of criteria. If it deems that none of it's choices are suitable for spawning, it instead spawns the mission at Novy Sobor becuase that's defined as the center of the map. The wall running through kills most of the AI on spawn, and often times the loot or objectives are lost in the area.

Is all of that correct?

If so, there are two possible solutions that i'd like to try, if someone could help me figure out how to implement them.

A) Would it be possible to redefine the default failsafe spawn point, so that instead of Novy Sobor it's, for instance, the big field just outside of Novy Sobor?

or

B) Would it be possible to simply have the mission not start at all and restart the timer for another mission to start later instead of spawning all willy-nilly in Novy Sobor?

Thoughts?

They spawn there because the Find SafeSpot function couldnt find any safe place. Check the parameters (steepness seems to be annoying, 20 seems to work best). I had an error the first time i used this because had a wrong amount of parameters. Also I changed my center of the map to stary since that seems like the center of the map without water.

Unpack DayZ_Server.pbo

goto EMS folder and edit the missions in Major & Minor Folders

(about line 8)

From

_coords = [getMarkerPos "center",0,5500,100,0,20,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

To

_coords = [getMarkerPos "center",100,5500,100,0,20,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

This is the minuim distance from the center (novy) missions will spawn.

You also might want to mention which mission system you are using, as there's several of them.

The generically named "Dayz Chernarus Mission System"

Unpack DayZ_Server.pbo

goto EMS folder and edit the missions in Major & Minor Folders

(about line 8)

From

_coords = [getMarkerPos "center",0,5500,100,0,20,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

To

_coords = [getMarkerPos "center",100,5500,100,0,20,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

This is the minuim distance from the center (novy) missions will spawn.

Thank you! I will try this and see how it works out for me. 

If you're using Epoch, you'd only need the Epoch Events , imho. (Why add a script, to run your event when there already is a script for that?)

Either way, whenever BIS_fnc_FindSafePos fails getting a safe position, it will spawn everything at the center of the area it is searching for (in most cases: getMarkerPos "center";)

Try editing the Max Distance to an Object, and Terrain Gradient:

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma2:scripting:bis_fnc_findsafepos