Disable all humanity gain

itsatrap

I often through of humanity being a punishment and reward system.. but only to accessibility not a gloating tool...

Humanity goes up with certain deeds and is capped at Hero status. 5000

Player kills reduce humanity by -2500 damage is -1000 (If possible) capped at -2500. 

-2000 would be considered bandit/hostile and shoot on site unless you knew the person and could trust them.

I brought this up in another thread about how this is bandit favorable.

Someone replied that as long as a bandit is killing zeds for humanity, they aren't killing players and while I agree I still find that we rack up humanity pretty damn fast.

How long does it take a player to get 100 zed kills?  My experience has been a few hours on average, and a good way to look at it is: Every 100 zed kills is one free player kill. 

In less than a week of normal running around killing zeds I've racked up 13,220 humanity.  In less than a week. 

I think at a minimum humanity from killing a zed could be halved to +5.

I agree that there's an advantage now towards bandits. 

Taking into account things like different traders being accessible by those with certain humanity, it's letting bandits & griefers have more of a run of the map. Not that much point to the humanity restrictions. Bandits in DayZ have for a long time been known as either sole social outcasts or groups that non-bandits avoid, meaning it's meant to be harder work to regain your humanity. That's the cost of acting like a cunt.

I'd personally remove the +5 per zombie kill gain, or lower it to +1.