Strange Loot Problem....

11Hotel

Question

I have installed the latest Epoch Client and made my own private server with the 1.0.3.1 server files.

This server is not the first I've made for Epoch...this is the 3rd attempt at getting it right.

The first time it worked great, then I broke it trying to install side missions.

The second time I broke it trying to install self blood-bag and towing/lifting. Here's a synapse of what I've done:

1. Deleted my DayZ Epoch Server folder

2. Uninstalled and re-installed Arma2, Arma2OA, Arma2OA Beta patch through Steam, ran each one once in turn. I also replaced the Arma2OA.exe and Arma2OAserver.exe with the ones from the Expansions/Beta folder.

3. Installed the DayZ and Epoch mod through Dayz Commander.

4. Created a new folder on my SSD called "DayZ Server"

5. Copied the contents of the Arma2 folder to my "DayZ Server" folder.

6. Copied the contents of the Arma2OA folder to my "DayZ Server" folder.

7. Extracted the 1.0.3.1 server files to my "DayZ Server" folder.

8. Deleted my database using Navicat Lite. Set up new database and imported the epoch.sql, the "add last update.sql", the "update from 1.0.2.4 or lower.sql", and finally the 1.0.3.1Updates.sql

9. Set up my config.cfg and my hive.ext.

10. Launch the server and enable the @dayz and @epoch and @epoch 1.0.3.1 expansions.

Now, I launch the server, join the game just fine. BUT, some of the loot does not look the way it used to. For example, I used to see smoke grenades and Makarov mags on the ground, but now they look like the little green bags. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what's going on. Also, I am getting this weird error popup about not being able to find an m240magazine on the ground?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

8 answers to this question

You dont need to use @Dayz

Your launch params only need to use these in the mod line:  -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@DayZ_Epoch_Server;

Always make a backup before you modify your server+mission files, incase you break something.

Or you can backtrack the steps you took to install any extras to get your files the way they were.

Hey Uro, thanks for the heads-up.

My mod line in my batch file (the instance11_Chernarus.bat) is correct. The expansion menu in-game is what I was talking about. I did not have the Arma2 DayZ mod active, but I did not have the Epoch Server Mod active either.

I enabled it, but am getting an error about dayz_code not being signed. First pic is my expansions menu. Then my folder structure.

I am trying to get it running from an older backup and will let you know how it goes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-SrkfwLbSs_bFhKRFFwTWNfME0/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-SrkfwLbSs_dWdGdDlFd1dRQjg/edit?usp=sharing

Client side you only need @DayZ_Epoch active, launch params -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;

If launching through DayzCommander you dont need to add launch parameters as DZC does it for you.

If your getting an error about files not being signed you dont have the correct Keys installed.

Copy the \Keys\ folder from your client install over to your server directory, and reinstall the keys from the server archive.

Without seeing the exact error your getting I, nor anyone looking at this has no clue whats going wrong. 

Check your RPT log in your instance folder for any errors also! :)

why dont you use DayzCommander to join the server ? It checks and makes sure you are compatible with the server options.

Also if you still need a .bat file to run epoch, try mine:

Name this as whatever.bat:

SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS

:v64_path_a2
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%A In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2PATH=%%B)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO v32_path_a2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:v32_path_a2
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%C In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2PATH=%%D)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO uac_PATH_A2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:uac_PATH_A2
@FOR /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%I IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2PATH=%%J)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO std_PATH_A2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:std_PATH_A2
@FOR /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%K IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2PATH=%%L)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO ENDfailA2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:v64_path_a2oa
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%E In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2OAPATH=%%F)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO v32_path_a2oa) ELSE (GOTO RUN)

:v32_path_a2oa
For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%G In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') Do set (_ARMA2OAPATH=%%H)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO uac_PATH_A2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)

:uac_PATH_A2OA
@FOR /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%M IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2OAPATH=%%N)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO std_PATH_A2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)

:std_PATH_A2OA
@FOR /F "tokens=2* delims=	 " %%O IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2OAPATH=%%P)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO ENDfailA2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)

:run
call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -mod=@DayZ_Epoch -nosplash -noPause -world=empty -winxp -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 

ENDLOCAL

:end
@exit /B 0

:ENDfailA2
@exit /B 1

:ENDfailA2OA
@exit /B 2

The server is running, but it does not show up on the servers list.

This is a private home server, reporting IP is correct.

BattleEye is disabled.

I've tried searching in DayZ Commander for localhost, my IP, and 127.0.0.1 and no luck. :/

I was thinking that it may be client-side. I used DZC to make sure my Epoch was the latest build, and it is. So I copied the @Epoch folder over to my server, but no change. Still getting the little bags for smoke and mags, and the "magazinenotvisibleontheground" popup error.

Can't find anything in my RPT either. :/

The server is running, but it does not show up on the servers list.

This is a private home server, reporting IP is correct.

BattleEye is disabled.

I've tried searching in DayZ Commander for localhost, my IP, and 127.0.0.1 and no luck. :/

Check your firewall rules on your computer, sounds like its locally blocked :)

If you want it exposed to the internet, check the firewall rules on your router too, or just put your pc in the dmz. :)