Cannot upgrade walls or put code locks on 1.0.3.1

auzgamer.

Question

5 answers to this question

Yes mate I am having the same issue if you upgrade a cinder wall after restart it goes back to before you upgraded, combo locks say 'not reset yet' also some combo locks i put on wooden doors, the code is wrong because it doesnt work! Also, if you place a tent down it lets you bring up the gear menu but you cant put anything in it!!

I dont know if its the patch or a mod I have on conflicting, im in the middle of testing now

mods :   blue phoenix admin tools, tiger tow/lift,  agn safezonecommander, excelsior bridge, sarge ai, repair, refuel, Ne airbase alpha indestructible base building (without the need for restart, but couldn't disable the upgrade !:( )

host : dayz.st

Hi, I'm having this same issue on my server, When building a cinder block garage door and trying to place a lock, everyone seems to get 'not setup yet'

I have to place a wood garage door locked to secure their bases until i can get a fix for this.

Anyone know what I should do? I have considered starting with a fresh PBO and adding all scripts again but as I'm very new to writing scripts I don't know where to start.

Cheers

I am also having this issue on our server and a player gets the message "Not setup yet". I have found out that if i change the "player_build.sqf" file to the latest one it fixes the problem. But then when the server does a restart then all building stops working and gives a message "Building already in progress"...

Does anyone have some solid information on this problem please as i am completely stuck. Thanks in advance

By the way we only have Sarge Ai running on our server if that's any help.

EDIT: Well i have been playing about some more as it seems there is no concrete information on these issues. And i seemed to have fixed it in our case. What i did was to replace our "player_upgrade.sqf" with the latest one and everything works again. No more silly messages and combination locks on Cinder doors work again :)

It sounds like your using custom compiles + associated scipts and modified client files for those scripts: fn_selfactions, player_build, etc

When you update your server you have to pull those files out of the latest client files again and re-add and modify them in your mission file. 

Using old client files in your mission file will break a shit-ton of scripts on your server! :P