Plot Pole - Preview, shows zero objects?

dagg929

Question

11 answers to this question

Wrote this for our players.

Plot poles are working as they should, you will only get the option to maintain via the plot pole until 10 days (unique to our server) have passed since the last maintenance.

For example, your base consists of 100 base parts

70 parts don't need maintenance
30 parts need maintenance

When scrolling on the plot pole it will say 30 base parts at a cost of ***
It will only show the amount of parts that need maintenance, not the total amount of base parts within range

The range a plot pole covers is 45m and another cannot be placed within 60m

Do you know how it determines this with invinc base building? I have it on and it's not showing anything.

Does the dmg need to be set for stuff to be maintainable via plot pole?

Is that only for your server, or overall? As in it won't show until close to when it must be maintained.

Any details here are appreciated.

Wrote this for our players.

Plot poles are working as they should, you will only get the option to maintain via the plot pole until 10 days (unique to our server) have passed since the last maintenance.

For example, your base consists of 100 base parts

70 parts don't need maintenance

30 parts need maintenance

When scrolling on the plot pole it will say 30 base parts at a cost of ***

It will only show the amount of parts that need maintenance, not the total amount of base parts within range

The range a plot pole covers is 45m and another cannot be placed within 60m

What decides the 10 day mark?

Thanks!

Okay I think I have this figured out.  The plot pole maintain has a 10% damage filter. You have to have the set damage event running on the Database.

This has to be set to 0.11.  NOT 0.1 as it is now.  

Once you have the items damage at .11 or higher you will get the option to maintain.  This is regardless of the datestamp.

SQL EVENT we use on our servers.

UPDATE `object_data` SET `Damage`=0.11 WHERE `ObjectUID` <> 0 AND `CharacterID` <> 0 AND ( (`Inventory` IS NULL) OR (`Inventory` = '[]') )

We have this set to run every morning. We leave it up to the players to remember when they maintained last. This lowers the confusion and makes it where the maintain preview is possible each and every time.

I hope this helps someone.

Thanks!

Nope,   I have tried with   the original plot pole and bought another,  I should be losing my base now, but It started losing parts  over a week ago,  less than 3 weeks after maintenance with lumber and mortar.

All plot poles on the server see 0 objects.   My 4 story base expired in  chunks and is now just   few safes and  tents hanging in mid -air and I queried  the  plot pole almost daily.   It was sad to see.  Another post got no answer from devs.    Almost all players have left our server.   This started after 1.031.  Before the update  the plot pole  maintainance said that there were 65 objects and wanted 1 briefcase to maintain,  however,  I did not do it as it was early,  only two weeks after maintaining with lumber/plywood and mortar.

Is this in response to the OP or?????  I'm having a similar issue after updating to 1.0.4/b.  plot pole does not recognize any parts in range and things are beginning to disappear.

This happened when going to 1.0.3.1, I had to make new compiles.sqf to make many things work again.  Wondered if it changed again in 1.04.  I'm having issues with modular building parts not being recognized by the plot pole after updating to 1.04 and then 1.04b offered no change.  Default mysql events are running and still not able to maintain.