1.0.3 Towing / Missions / DZAI

Crystal

Question

18 answers to this question

I have all 3 running fine on my server.  Took a little work to get the mission vehicles and ammo crates to not be broken (read vehicles exploding and ammo crates despawning) but it all seems to be working.  Check out the DZAI forum on opendayz and make sure you are running the 1.8.1.1 version of the AI script (or at least the hotfix for the new epoch loot structure) and you should be fine with DZAI.

Thanks for the replies - yeah my missions are buggy but working, DZAI now functions correctly - but Tow is busted.

Could someone explain how they got it working? I removed the line out of description.ext - but whilst this worked on the previosu patch, its not working now. The tow option does appear - but the second option to attach does not. Something in my selfactions maybe? Urgh :-/

I got to work, I basically just put the folder in and called it through the init.sqf with this:

if (isServer) then {
	//Towing
	[true] execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"
};
if (!isDedicated) then {
	//Towing
	[] execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"
};

Works perfectly for me.

I also noticed that there was a built in towing script in the fn_selfActions.sqf

//Towing with tow truck
	/*
	if(_typeOfCursorTarget == "TOW_DZE") then {
		if (s_player_towing < 0) then {
			if(!(_cursorTarget getVariable ["DZEinTow", false])) then {
				s_player_towing = player addAction ["Attach Straps", "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\tow_AttachStraps.sqf",_cursorTarget, 0, false, true, "",""];				
			} else {
				s_player_towing = player addAction ["Detach Straps", "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\tow_DetachStraps.sqf",_cursorTarget, 0, false, true, "",""];				
			};
		};
	} else {
		player removeAction s_player_towing;
		s_player_towing = -1;
	};
	*/

Try using that one, it's commented out by default I believe.

Ok - I was wrong about missions - my crates either aren't spawning in or are being cleaned up too quickly - does someone have a copy of their updateobject / server cleanup file i could pinch - it's likely one of these isn't it?

EDIT: I'll find out if your suggestions for Towing working in an hour or so.

UPDATE: No the tow fix didn't work, I now get the option to attach but when clicked, nothing happens....

I got to work, I basically just put the folder in and called it through the init.sqf with this:

if (isServer) then {
	//Towing
	[true] execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"
};
if (!isDedicated) then {
	//Towing
	[] execVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"
};
Works perfectly for me.

I also noticed that there was a built in towing script in the fn_selfActions.sqf

//Towing with tow truck
	/*
	if(_typeOfCursorTarget == "TOW_DZE") then {
		if (s_player_towing < 0) then {
			if(!(_cursorTarget getVariable ["DZEinTow", false])) then {
				s_player_towing = player addAction ["Attach Straps", "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\tow_AttachStraps.sqf",_cursorTarget, 0, false, true, "",""];				
			} else {
				s_player_towing = player addAction ["Detach Straps", "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\tow_DetachStraps.sqf",_cursorTarget, 0, false, true, "",""];				
			};
		};
	} else {
		player removeAction s_player_towing;
		s_player_towing = -1;
	};
	*/

Try using that one, it's commented out by default I believe.

Thanks buddy! That init part was causing issues because the execVM used to be on the bottom of everything :)

Managed to fix missions using a fix: 

name = "group_cleanup";
      init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"//Check for hackers" \n
      " {" \n
      "    "  if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"" && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n //**MISSIONS**
      "        diag_log (""CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER "" + (name _x) + "" "" + str(_x) + "" IN "" + (typeOf vehicle _x));" \n
      "        (vehicle _x) setDamage 1;" \n
      "        _x setDamage 1;" \n
      "    };" \n
      " } forEach allUnits;"/*%FSM</STATEINIT""">*/;
      precondition = /*%FSM<STATEPRECONDITION""">*/""/*%FSM</STATEPRECONDITION""">*/;
      class Links

But towing is STILL broken *sigh*

Not that it's applicable to this current issue - but I've noticed a few things that had a leading "\" were not functioning as they had been in all prior versions. I'm not sure what changed, but I've had to remove leading slashes on some calls

example  "\custom\fn_Selfactions.sqf" (Wrong) "custom\fn_Selfactions.sqf" (Correct)

-  Thanks for posting the clean up fix by the way - I'll look at my towing setup and see if it's functional.

EDIT: ok towing does work as configured http://www.es-gamers.com/1030serverfiles.zip

Edited by MassAsster

Massasster, Are these files from your self run server? Or will these files work on a Dayz.st hosted server?

And, the trader.sql you added. I take it that adds a lot of items and vehicles to the phpmyadmin DB?

Ok, so your files don't work on a Dayz.st hosted server, I keep getting kicked back to the lobby.  Dayz.st servers don't like changes made to the Server.PBO files. I've only been able to add scripts to the mission.PBO without problems.

if you are running dayz.st you need to package these into a PBO file with something like eliteness,  I've packaged it into the link above, re-download and it will contain the required program to turn the folders into PBO files. simply open eliteness , navigate to the folder locations, right click on them and choose CREATE PBO.   From there , dayZ st has made the very simple task of simply choosing ADVANCED on your control panel, and uploading the PBO files you just created

If you are not familiar with how to operate MYSQL database, i suggest you read up on that before you make changes to it!! Essentially you would export your Traders_Data to back it up,  then delete the traders data, then import my traders data. To revert back to yours, you would delete the traders data table again, and import the backup copy you made.

I have been scripting in Dayz for a long time, Mass, I've been useing PBO manager to unpack and pack PBO's.

Did you really think I tried to upload unpacked folders to my hosted server?  Maybe be a little less condescending to fellow posters.

I'll try your PBO manager and see if that changes anything.

Hats off to you Mass, I guess I was using the wrong PBO manager, TY

NP bro, I am now trying to figure out why when I uploaded your PBO's, all my player builds and lockable vehicles vanished. Other then that I just need to add some vehicles to the tow/lift script, try to change the loadouts of the AI cause M107's and grenade launchers are a little over the top. And remove your server ads.

cheers

sounds like you may have been using something other than instance 11 -  I have instance 11 set in my init

you can view what instance you had previous inside the database -  check one of the tables, i think the players table, should have an instance section.

sarge AI  cfg for the weapons

as well as inside the server section - under WAI ? WIA ? -  that folder for the mission AI loadouts

and playerspawn.sqf for the Ads