Does anyone know how to crack a safe?

Raryin

Question

There is a group of players on a server that I play on that constantly terrorize me and my friends with helicopters, armored SUVs, Jackals etc. We think we found a safe of theirs which would most likely contain a large stash of gold! Does anyone know how to crack them? I have heard there is a specific method in which the combo is calculated... anyone know?

It seems very anti-fun if there is absolutely no way to get into / destroy the safe.....

23 answers to this question

Mmmm I was planning on taking small amounts out of the safe over a long period of time so they wouldn't notice - also I am not 100% sure if it is their safe or not, don't particularly want to wait around for 5 hours to find out (it's in a very remote location with no bases or tents nearby)

A 4 digit safe combo has 10,000 possible combinations.

Look up cracking the 4-digit keycode and you will find tons and tons of potential methods. 

The only reliable one is systematically entering 10,000 numbers, this has been proven multiple times.  Epoch has not made a limited number generator as far as I know and that would be the only way to deduct the incorrect numbers.

We are getting there.. we should write a book on Epoch safe cracking!

To be fair they have been built now as the only thing that cannot be pillaged..

I would suggest just tailing the "Bad Guys" on your server when they join in and find out if they head up that direction. If they do, the only way currently is the way I suggested. 

Pack a tent, get some mallows and wait for someone to come check it. If its them.. Headshot just after the unlock animation. If its not them.. just be nice and don't take everything or nothing..

We are getting there.. we should write a book on Epoch safe cracking!

To be fair they have been built now as the only thing that cannot be pillaged..

I would suggest just tailing the "Bad Guys" on your server when they join in and find out if they head up that direction. If they do, the only way currently is the way I suggested. 

Pack a tent, get some mallows and wait for someone to come check it. If its them.. Headshot just after the unlock animation. If its not them.. just be nice and don't take everything or nothing..

Mmmm my friends and I have had numerous victories against them but they always have more helicopters, cars and gold waiting. I fear that we would not be able to kill them even if we took them by surprise...not to mention they have more than 1 safe so they will just get angry and take revenge on us :(

Thinking about it, when epoch was released was there not an event to break open a safe? If so it must be doable

I'm new to Epoch so I couldn't tell you....but it is very frustrating, these guys with their massive amount of resources are EMPIRING the whole server

Thinking about it, when epoch was released was there not an event to break open a safe? If so it must be doable

Yes, Bloody DayZ offered a free month for anyone able to randomly guess one of the then 10,000 combos. 

If someone can confirm there is no consecutive 4 digit entries then there's 8991 entries to try. 

I'm new to Epoch so I couldn't tell you....but it is very frustrating, these guys with their massive amount of resources are EMPIRING the whole server

I've been in that boat before.  I had to think of ways to fight smart since the guys that were on my server even had an Admin scripted lockup garage. 

What I had to do was place my own two safes right in the entry so they couldn't drive anything in or out.  Rendered the base useless for vehicle use.

Planting a decoy heli works well too.

I've given up on this server, we don't even have a chance to gather some gear before they flatten us with their radar chopper. Thanks for the help though  :), it'll be interesting to see if any code-cracking methods pop up in the future.

This code may help you..  :D

[] ExecVM "Server_Marketing.sqf";

if (isServer) then {

If { You = an Aussie / Anyone with < 400 Ping come play on my server. We do our best to give the new guys a chance, with most of the squads and players being friendly if you get to know them. We have a team-speak server as well which is open to the public to come in and have a chat with the developers and admins. You will always be in trouble but we wont hunt you relentlessly if your new and need to get a foothold for yourself. Lots of added extras so its hard to get bored as well.};

Else 

//Try another one.

};

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/66-australian-server-from-beergamez/

A couple of friends and I were on your server last night I believe. However I was trying to log in this morning and I was only seeing a "Test" server rather than the actual one. I can see it now so I might play soon :)

Yeah sorry we had a slight issue with it being down. Its back up in full swing now running my 1.1 pack + a couple of hidden little extras.

Come join the fun. Get some vehicles going and start setting up a little base.

Just mind the AI. Some of them will have a crack at ya. ;)