Need help Description.ext

Danny Bradley

Question

Hello, can anyone give me a hand with Description.ext, Alot of the old plugins from 1.0.5.1 Need something edited in the Description.ext file, however the file I have seems to be totally different than the one from 1.0.5.1 so when people say "insert code into  specific area of Description.ext" I can't find it due to how different it is, this is the main thing stopping me from moving most things over to 1.0.6.1. Cheers.

10 answers to this question

Description.ext is pretty much identical between 1061 and 1051?

What are you trying to install?

The only thing you add to description.ext is  #include    lines, which go at the bottom or the top usually.

Are you sure you dont  mean init.sqf or another file?

Ill show you an example. 

this is MY .ext file

619005bd61.png

Am I in the wrong description.ext or something ? this is located in Mpmissions/Dayz_epoch_15.namalsk 

EDIT: Yes that seems to be what I'm looking for, what do I do with that in order to use it on my server ? As you can tell, I'm very new to this.

Take the description.hpp file.

Copy it to your mission folder where the init.sqf and description.ext files are, or inside another folder in that location

Open description.ext and put at the bottom.

#include "YOURFILEPATH\description.hpp"

So if you put it just in the mission folder it would be

#include description.hpp"

I prefer to keep the file structure as it is in the PBO's, so I made folders in the mission folder called dayz_code, then inside that a folder called GUI, so the include line would be

#include "dayz_code\gui\description.hpp"

If you already have something like that, then comment it out like this

//#include "dayz_code\gui\description.hpp"

Okay I have done that, I'm trying to add EVR storms to namalsk, another step is this

in inti.sqf add before #include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf"

if (isServer) then { _bul = [ns_blow_emp] execVM "addons\blowout\module\blowout_server.sqf"; };

if (!isDedicated) then { _bul = [] execVM "addons\blowout\module\blowout_client.sqf"; };

However #include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf"  Does not exist in the init.sqf file