Black Screen on Startup and low Server FPS

Drokz

Question

Im running a rented Gameserver and it slowly but surely gets crowded and some bases are up. 

But it seems the Server already takes more and more time to startup and the Server FPS is pretty low (been at 5 frames today). 

After restarts theres a delay of 8-10 Minutes where you only see a black screen and have sound already.

Sometimes you get send back to lobby after receiving the message "Server not ready (Error 02)"

I have my DEV Server running at another Host with a clear DB and its starting without this delay. 

Is there a way to fix this (use mysql?!) Or is it a hardware thing by the host?

Thx for your help

7 answers to this question

All i found about the Server hardware is that its running on Intel Xeon processors and I have rented 5 GBs of RAM.

Building and slot limit is set to 500 per Base, 10k for whole server. The DB registered nearly 3000 base items now and 200 vehicles. Added 100 empty slots to the worldspawn (160) for blackmarket vehicles.

Im running all CUP mods, SM_Zombz and WY Snow addon. From time to time also the Winter map of Chernarus.

I have an average amount of online players in the evenings around 20 of 40 slots.

Only mission system i have running is blckeagls AI missions and A3EAI with 13 patrols.

It feels like the DB takes to long to load in

Might a mysql DB help?

I think the main "problem" is, that you have really a lot of addons and all of these are starting directly on server startup.

Better would be to start one addon after the other.

The most important is to wait for Epoch to finish with loading.

First try to add in all your addons:

waituntil {!isnil "EPOCH_SERVER_READY"};

You also can add additional delays to all your scripts, so they will start one by one and not all at the same time.:

uisleep 20;

It is a long way to get a Server performant running and you need some experience in scripting.

And you say you are running blckeagles and A3EAI with 13 Patrols. How much AI are in one Patrol? We try to have max 15 Ai over all on the Server! Don't go above 20 Ai at the same time!

In our beginning we also put all in, what we have found.

But not every script in the Community is written well.

Some of them slows down the server extreme...

For me the good old SEM Mission Script has a really good performance (ok, not the best features).

I'm sorry, that I can not give you the one answer for a better performance, but I hope these are some tips that can help you to find some problematic settings / scripts.

1 hour ago, He-Man said:

I'm sorry, that I can not give you the one answer for a better performance, but I hope these are some tips that can help you to find some problematic settings / scripts.

I appreciate all your work.

Every of the Patrols runs with 2 Soldiers. I think your advices will help to increase there performance once its running. Im sure it does.

But the startup works normal with the same files on my Dev Server, that is also a hosted server, waaaaay faster. Its up in 2-3 Minutes without the blackscreen issue.

I will try to start the server with a clean DB and see what happens