Black Screen on EPOCH Launch

Spazz

So, Every time I launch Epoch in my mods list, Arma 3 launches, then before I get to the title screen it hits a black screen then makes me "Force Close".

I'm running Windows 10
AMD FX 6300
Nvidia GTX650Ti

8Gb DDR3

I've updated my drivers 2 times since this issue arose, and nothing changed.

• 2 weeks later...

My point was, is it only happening on joining one particular server using Epoch, or any Epoch server you try to join? The 'try' referred to launching the game not playing a server!

I also asked because i was having a similar issue and hoped we could work out a solution together. I now can join servers again but only after re installing Arma 3 on a brand new ssd that i had been meaning to install, since Christmas.

I had tried re installing Arma 3 several times on old hard drive, verifying game cache in steam, defragmenting hard drive, removing MP Missions Cache folder and removing my profile folders all done repeatedly and with no success.

BI's response to my bug tracker ticket was that there were corrupted animation configs in Epoch that was causing the game not to load and that fixes would come in future patches. My Epoch bug tracker has not been responded to nor my post in forums here, so it is obvious that Epoch devs are either unable or unwilling to help.

I hope something here can help you get in game. If you want further assistance i will try talking you through options if you are unsure of what to try.

Have you looked in your .rpt file to see what is going on?

It's in C:\Users\yourusername\appdata\local\Arma3

If its less than about 55 mb in size then things are still loading. If you have a slowish PC it will take at least 5 minutes to go through all the gesture errors that are happening at the moment.

nevermind, I figured it out. Somehow epoch alone is just so gamechanging that the loadtime is severely longer. (and I have macros for Arma) and when doing things on 2 screens it tends to activate in both programs. Due to this it causes a slight overload of shit going on in Arma so it stops responding. Fixed that with some launch perams that quicken load times even with Epoch installed. If you'd like to use this go for it. Load time is approx 30 seconds for me:

-nobenchmark -nosplash -world=empty

Hope it helps someone

5 hours ago, 82ndAB_Bravo17 said:

Have you looked in your .rpt file to see what is going on?

It's in C:\Users\yourusername\appdata\local\Arma3

If its less than about 55 mb in size then things are still loading. If you have a slowish PC it will take at least 5 minutes to go through all the gesture errors that are happening at the moment.

'-nologs' worked for me. YMMV.