Confused about metals

Hello. I just started playing Epoch and I love it. Can someone point me to someplace that explains metals? The trading of metals at the markets is confusing, as there doesn't seem to be a way to convert silver to 10oz silver (which I believe is more valuable than regular silver?). I also see no option to convert other metals to gold. Just a  primer on metals and converting them to other metals would be cool.

Also, how do you lock your vehicle?

When I sold some stuff, I got silver bars. Are those different from 10oz bars? The Wiki doesn't address metals, so it can be confusing.

When you have ten bars of metal (example: silver), get within 2 meters of a fire, open your inventory and right click on one of the ten metals, click smelt............ ta dahhhhhhhhhhhhh they all smelt into one 10 ounce bar. Use three 10 ounce bars to get a gold bar.

Collect, smelt, repeat

When you have ten bars of metal (example: silver), get within 2 meters of a fire, open your inventory and right click on one of the ten metals, click smelt............ ta dahhhhhhhhhhhhh they all smelt into one 10 ounce bar. Use three 10 ounce bars to get a gold bar.

Collect, smelt, repeat

I just realized, I left out THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP (and I dont want anyone yelling at me l8r for the mistake).........

Get within two meters of the fire AND LOOK DOWN AT THE FIRE, then open your inventory and continue, lol

Whew, no one will ever know I left that part out now, muhahahahahahahahah