already played map editable?

michaelny

Question

hi,

is it possible to edit a map even though we did build already things ingame on it? i.e. wirefences, sandbags, sheds and so on ....

We would like to add some changes trough the arma editor but what do I need to do in order to see the things already built.

What do I have to extract from our server and where do I need to put it?

6 answers to this question

sorry my bad I guess because what I want to edit is a played map ....

meaning this map has never been edited .... we did play on this and used the modular building system to add some stuff .... so the only things there are our vehicles and the stuff builded during the play/game

hey we are almost there .....

I dont want to edit the actual stuff who I build with epoch rather than add some other stuff with the editor but I need to see the stuff build with epoch so to know where to put the new stuff ...

So if I do get you right than the stuff is not visible to me right?

How could I convert it?

I think he means he wants to load up things built in game in the editor, so any modular walls will show and he can then use the editor to build round them, so nothing overlaps or collides, Is that correct ?

If so the answer is no, the editor can't load up your database where Epoch buildables are stored, just remember where they are or use the editor first and then build round them.

@Richie...

thx you got it.

I guess I was to stupid to explain it the right way but yeah it makes sense when the stuff is stored in the DB rather than the mission file.

Thx anyway.

should ne "easy" to convert all items from the database to mission file compatible format or vise versa, but there is no tool for it as far as i know so you have to do that yourself or ask someone who can do that, should be 1 hour of work or something ,maybe.. but possible I think :) Actually that is not a bad idea for a tool like that, is it? :)