Config Traders Questions

lonewolfgaming

I am considering converting my server to use the config traders instead of off the database SQL. I have researched it and found out a premade trader list, like the one in Zupa's Coin script is a good place to start. My question is, does the server still access the database to know what items the traders are selling through their trader id? I noticed in the Zupa file it has the items set up similiar to how the server traders.sqf is.

config trader don't need/use anything from database

traders list all item with the category id that you gave him

for exemple

in your cfg files:

class Category_100 { <--- here it is category 100
    class CSJ_GyroC {type = "trade_any_vehicle";buy[] ={4000,"Coins"};sell[] ={2000,"Coins"};};

class CSJ_GyroCover {type = "trade_any_vehicle";buy[] ={4000,"Coins"};sell[] ={2000,"Coins"};};

........................etc

now set this number to a trader in server_trader.sqf:

// Aircraft Trader, NEAF
menu_Pilot_EP1 = [
    [["Gyro Copter",100],["Cargo Planes",102],["Airplanes Unarmed",103],["Airplanes Armed",104],["Helicopter Unarmed",105]],
    [],
    "neutral"
];

Gyro Copter = this is the category name that shows ingame on trader it list all helis under the cat id 100

3steN8igall, one more question. I sat down and looked at the cfg server trader folder today and I am wondering about something. Take for example, FriendlyAssultRifle has the line class Category_485 { with the available weapons under it. Can all three weapon traders have the same class Category of 485, or do I need to copy and paste the weapons under a different class Category number?

Ok, got the config trader running with the game base traders, but when I enter the info for my custom traders and try to log in the game errors out with this: File.mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\description.ext,line213:/CfgTraderCategory/Category_696/Category_699/Category_695/Category_694/Category_698/Category_693/;Missing'}'  I have the info entered in under the name of the trader,i.e, ConstructionBuildingSupplies.hpp and have #include it in the Cfg Trader.hpp. Do I need to change the first part to one of the current listing like Bandit, Friendly, Neutral or Hero?