How does maintenance/damage now work?

KPABATOK

I always thought that only after a week base parts start to degrade and show damage, but now since we can monitor damage via white circle for each part, every server restart (4 hours) there is this gap in circle which grows bigger. So does it mean after 2-3 days the wall or gates will have only 50 percent of health left even if base was maintained 3 days ago? Kinda curious and worried. I try to maintain my base everyday, so never tested if it does despawn or not after 1 week. How is it?

On base objects items decay and take damage over time, it has been this way for a while now. The change was that the 3d item interaction icon was also supposed to show the damage level of the object you are looking at. This code actually had a typo in it and was never able to show this feature at work. What you see now is what I intended the circle to also be used for from the start.

Note: there is a bug with 0.3.5 that incorrectly sets the damage of storage devices to 99% damage instead of 1% as it was intended. 

Ah yes, noticed it with storage devices, circle is red after restart, only when I remove or put items inside it becomes full white circle.

But again, so if circle shows percent of damage the part took, does it mean that in order to maintain our base at 100 percent health, we need to maintain it everyday and after 1 week all base parts will have 1 percent health, just like safes? So it would take like 1 satchels (I suppose) or even less to blow up any base part.