Help getting Epoch cherno to play

Frostt

Alright so I watched some videos, looked at some older threads, and downloaded survival launcher.

Survival launcher doesn't download the mods, it gets to 30-90% then gives me an error. I tried manually putting them in the arma 3 folder but when I join a server it tells me that a3_xxfile_xxfile needs to be removed, but when i remove it it tells me the same ones need to be put back in.

So can someone list the steps for getting this to work? Thanks in advance :D

Also if I missed a recent thread on how to get this to work, I'm sorry. Just link me to it.

To play Chernarus you need the All In Arma Terrain Pack and of course Epoch.

You can download the AiA TP from Here, then place the extracted @allinarmaterrainpack folder in the root of your Arma 3 folder (same place as arma3.exe), the just change your launch parameters to

-mod=@allinarmaterrainpack;@Epoch

That's it

To play Chernarus you need the All In Arma Terrain Pack and of course Epoch.

You can download the AiA TP from Here, then place the extracted @allinarmaterrainpack folder in the root of your Arma 3 folder (same place as arma3.exe), the just change your launch parameters to

-mod=@allinarmaterrainpack;@Epoch

That's it

The parameters that are in the arma 3 menu I'm assuming?

You have many ways to do it, change the parameters through the game properties, use the arma launcher, make a .bat file or use a 3rd party launcher, what ever way suits you, the result is the same.

Alright, downloaded the AIA pack, lets see if it works, I think i had an old version.

Is there any updates or fixes coming for the survival launcher? I think that would help keep it uniform

Post a screen shot, my guess is a version mis-match but until we know the errors we can't help.

Menu from inside arma 3:

http://i.imgur.com/yzt8els.png

Parameters:

http://i.imgur.com/i93uqqb.png

Pbo error issue:

http://i.imgur.com/zZZ2QHa.jpg

Now this server is an epoch cherno server, and it shows it as altis. Also my @folders are in the arma 3 file and the names match the parameters.

My guess is you placed the pbo's directly into your arma 3/addon folder. Instead of  arma 3 /@allinarmaterrain  and arma3/@epoch. Which arma will load all addon automatically under arma 3  addons folder. U may  have to delete that folder and verify game files

Nope, they are in the @ folders. I played dayz on arma 2, same stuff iirc.

Ok now:

You have this pbo errors because the server cannot find your mods, why? Because:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbqe8b6u5g7g69l/Bild 003.jpg?dl=0

You use this damn launcher, so delete the -mod= in the startparameter line. That should do the trick.

The launcher sets the "-mod=" thing itself, you only have to type in the mods.

If you would use a batch file or a link to your exe, then you have to use the "-mod=" snippet. But with the launcher is no need for it. :)

cheers

Ok now:

You have this pbo errors because the server cannot find your mods, why? Because:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbqe8b6u5g7g69l/Bild 003.jpg?dl=0

You use this damn launcher, so delete the -mod= in the startparameter line. That should do the trick.

The launcher sets the "-mod=" thing itself, you only have to type in the mods.

If you would use a batch file or a link to your exe, then you have to use the "-mod=" snippet. But with the launcher is no need for it. :)

cheers

I don't know if I'm not understanding what your saying, or if I have some other issue, but I change it to: @allinarmaterrainpack;@Epoch

and I still get the same pbo error.

your startparameters are -mod=-mod=@blablabla;@blablabla

but they have to be: -mod=@blablabla;@blablabla

if still something went wrong, you probaply insterted the mods in a wrong way, but i cant look at your files, so give us more informations.. like a screenshot of your folder or something....

your startparameters are -mod=-mod=@blablabla;@blablabla

but they have to be: -mod=@blablabla;@blablabla

if still something went wrong, you probaply insterted the mods in a wrong way, but i cant look at your files, so give us more informations.. like a screenshot of your folder or something....

Here is my Arma 3 folder:

I got the a3 launcher to see if the mods would download from there instead of the survival launcher, so thats why I have all this extra stuff, I was able to get into an altis server but got kicked every 5 minutes. Still get pbo errors every time i try to join a cherno server.

/edit: I redownloaded epoch, just incase I had the wrong version, still not the problem.

Edited by Frostt

I believe if you are trying to join a CCG server you will need @emod as well as the correct @Epoch0320 which they number; you are using @Epoch which is the official download and is not numbered. Also if again it is just CCG servers you are using why not just use A3 Launcher or their own CCG Launcher to join, they I believe should tell you if your are missing something for a specific server before joining.

Personally I use Arma 3's own launcher and save presets to join the servers, you go to mods page of launcher and select the mods required save preset and launch no need for parameters. 

Edited by TheStainlessSteelRat
added new info

I believe if you are trying to join a CCG server you will need @emod as well as the other two. Also if again it is just CCG servers you are using why not just use A3 Launcher or their own CCG Launcher to join, they I believe should tell you if your are missing something for a specific server before joining.

Personally I use Arma 3's own launcher and save presets to join the servers, you go to mods page of launcher and select the mods required save preset and launch no need for parameters. 

I just had them as recent, Im just trying to get into any half decent cherno server at this point. All give me the same pbo error, also A3 launcher didn't fix the issue.

So if we take CCG Chernarus 5 which was favourited in your screenshot.

Open Arma 3 and in the launcher go to mods.

There is a folder and + icon click on that and add all the mods to your launcher @Epoch, @allinarmaterrainpack etc. Include the @emod and @Epoch with number at end too as well as Rhs mods. That way they are there for future use.

So you should now have a list of all mods selected.

Deselect everything but the following to get on the above server @epoch0320, @emod031, @allinarmaterrainpack. You can now save that as preset launch option in top right hand corner say CCG Cherno5.

Once done click to launch.

If any errors this time please post screenshot again and we'll take it from there

So if we take CCG Chernarus 5 which was favourited in your screenshot.

Open Arma 3 and in the launcher go to mods.

There is a folder and + icon click on that and add all the mods to your launcher @Epoch, @allinarmaterrainpack etc. Include the @emod and @Epoch with number at end too as well as Rhs mods. That way they are there for future use.

So you should now have a list of all mods selected.

Deselect everything but the following to get on the above server @epoch0320, @emod031, @allinarmaterrainpack. You can now save that as preset launch option in top right hand corner say CCG Cherno5.

Once done click to launch.

If any errors this time please post screenshot again and we'll take it from there

Sorry for the late reply, what I ended up doing was getting the a3 launcher and just downloaded the mods it said the server required. Fixed my issues.

thank you for your help :)