Vehicle keys

Falcon911

Question

4 answers to this question

I see this was never addressed. I too would love to hear how you do this. As of now, if a character buys a vehicle and dies with their keys I have to manually find the vehicle and delete it or it sits forever taking up space on the server. Or, if a character or server have an issue where I need to respawn a vehicle for someone I have to end up giving them gold instead and manually porting them to the vendor just to give purchased vehicles back. This is a HUGE headache and waste of time. Would be nice if I could simply spawn keys back.

Hey guys.

There are like 9999 key objects.

In the database the charid is the key id, so

If the vehicle has the char id 1234 the key item class would be ItemkeyYellow1234. The color doesnt matter.

I was just this morning thinking about writing a key spawning script when you click on the vehicle. At the moment I have edited the scripts to that admin can unlock any vehicle.

Enabling admin to spawn legit/owned vehicles with keys is defo possible too.

Would this still find keys or the owner of keys if you have already cleaned dead bodies out of the database? This is my issue, I don't know the character I'd because it's been deleted. I hope I don't have to stop cleaning my database to get this to work