Don't know what to do with that desync and network message pending

flow0815

Hi together,

i am really frustrated at that time because i don't know what i should do to handle that. :(

My root server has following items:

Intel i5 with 3,3 Mhz (3,7 Turbo Boost) (on load it has 34% of its cap)
32 GB Ram (on load it needs 14% of it)
Raid 1 one Sata Harddrives (80 MB per second) (Read/Write is at 1 MB/sec)
100 MBPS Lan Connection (needs 1MBPS)

my basic.cfg is

MinBandwidth = 78643200;
MaxBandwidth = 104857600;
MaxMsgSend=512;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=768;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=94;
MinErrorToSend = 0.003;
MinErrorToSendNear = 0.03;
MaxCustomFileSize = 0; 

My database size is 2mb with round about 1900 building objects and 200 vehicles.

My restart cycles are 3 hours.

Max players are 20.

Server side FPS is constantly on 45fps. I have infistar installed, also his clean up script. I disabled most of the checks (also the badvar and other heavy load ones). FPS never breaks down, also not on client side. FPS and CPS are great.

I have Freds malloc dll. The server is started with high priority. Maxmen is 2047 due to arma can't handle more. CPU count is 4 so all cores are used. Operating sytem is windows 2012. Core parking is disabled. Energy saving is on performance.

BUT

In server rpt i have "network message pending", "server object not found", "client object not found" (RPT is 300kb per 3 hour cycle)

I have a lot of dsyncs. Yellow chain, red chain. My player report that it is getting worse than before. I did not change a mod or something. As i said my server itself (hardware) is bored about that. Could be used much more of the hardware, but it isn.

How can it be that there are such dsyncs/lags on the server? Ist just normal and everybody has it? I really don't know. Loosing players all the time because they say the server would be not good. For my opinion it has to be the same on all other server due to i don't know what should be wrong with the hardware.

PLEASE TELL ME I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH SUCH ISSUES. PLEASE  TELL ME IT IS NOT A PROBLEM OF MY SERVER :) :) :)

This is driving me nuts due to i spend 6 hours every day for research and optimizing.

Thanks guys

BTW: The last two days there are problems connecting to BE master and some steam connection problems. Maybe this is also a reason for that. I don't know. Maybe its caused by my server?!

Hi axeman,

the strang issue is, that no addon was added since this appears. So if the settings are okay for you i think this has to be something external which is causingt this.

In my opinion i could also increase MaxMsgSend to decrease lag on server due to the network card has a load of 1MBPS as i metioned. When i check the troughput of the nic it seems running on full speed. No bottleneck there. I am server technician (not for arma but for hardware) so this behaviour is a little strange.

Thanks so far. If anybody has an additional idea, just give me hints. Thanks all

HI Axeman,

thanks for your time. I really appreciate that a lot. So best is to see in this screenshot, that this hardware is bored.

My player report no fps hits. They are constant but they report dsycns up to 5000 and this is also what i see. For example in vehicles (guess this will never be smooth) but there are also some random little "freezes" while running around. I think this is caused by network message pending entries.

Here is the screen

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4050/ixhlzm5g_jpg.htm

Thanks a lot

So i think the basic.cfg is a litte bit missunderstood by ALL of the poster :D Everybody tells not to set this and that and such. Every person tells you something completely differnt. Acutal i have this settings:

MinBandwidth = 80971520;   // Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to have (in bps). This value helps server to estimate bandwidth available. Increasing it to too optimistic values can increase lag and CPU load, as too many messages will be sent but discarded. Default: 131072
MaxBandwidth = 104857600;  // Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to never have. This value helps the server to estimate bandwidth available.
MaxMsgSend = 3800;   // 256 Maximum number of messages that can be sent in one simulation cycle. Increasing this value can decrease lag on high upload bandwidth servers. Default: 128
MaxSizeGuaranteed = 958;  // 512 Maximum size of guaranteed packet in bytes (without headers). Small messages are packed to larger frames. Guaranteed messages are used for non-repetitive events like shooting. Default: 512
MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 224;  // 128 Maximum size of non-guaranteed packet in bytes (without headers). Non-guaranteed messages are used for repetitive updates like soldier or vehicle position. Increasing this value may improve bandwidth requirement, but it may increase lag. Default: 256MinErrorToSend = 0.001;   // Minimal error to send updates across network. Using a smaller value can make units observed by binoculars or sniper rifle to move smoother. Default: 0.001
MinErrorToSendNear = 0.01;  // Minimal error to send updates across network for near units. Using larger value can reduce traffic sent for near units. Used to control client to server traffic as well. Default: 0.01MaxCustomFileSize = 0;   // (bytes) Users with custom face or custom sound larger than this size are kicked when trying to connect.

and the dsyncs on a 100mbps machine is nearly gone. 23 players, 4mbps network usage. So there is a lot of room to increase maxmessage value....

Regards