Help getting 2 pc on the same ip to play in the same server

dknight903

I think it's a routing issue. usually it's setup so that there are different return traffic ports assigned to each client on the same network, so the router can figure out which traffic goes to which computer.

try enabling DHCP and uPnP on your router (can't tell you how to do that since the steps are different per router type, or tell us what brand and type of router you have so I can look it up for you).

You better of not using dhcp and assigning a ip to each network device as then if you need to port forward you can a lot easyier. Alternativly you coukd use dhcp and reserve the ip to a mac address.

as for uPnP, with this enabled you shouod not get a problem. A friend of mine has 2 computers and bith play on the same server at the same time fine. If you are only just having problems, have you changed your router? Some work better then others as some give a open NAT where otheres will return a restricted or closed NAT

Never NAT, since that causes the issues from the OP.

Any router will PAT it's clients, so it will do port translations and remember which packet belongs where.

Straight out of the box, without trying to tamper with settings lets an infinite amount computers play the same game on an outside IP address.