player turned npc

Danworth

Okay so buddy of mine dc'd .. after he did like 10 seconds later his body was still logged in i was like wth he was now named Hakim and was a NPC that was running around shooting other players ....

how can we prevent this from happening and will this cause him to lose his gear if someone kills the NPC version of him?

I have had this happen before. One time it happened and the rest of my group went several kilometers away and the NPC ran the whole way there to catch up to them. It took us a while to figure out what was going on. 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/222541-a-haunting-on-prison-island/?hl=prison

HAHHA had me laughing. I like this concept, to play an axe and go around with a tune playing in the background every time I got close to someone. :)

Video 0.31 starts

Epoch has even chainsaw and you can use wolf mask for that :)

I have had this happen before. One time it happened and the rest of my group went several kilometers away and the NPC ran the whole way there to catch up to them. It took us a while to figure out what was going on. 

Had that too but i didn't die but dropped due to connection loss while i was riding a bike. So when i came back my "old self" rode the bie and i was a few meters next to it while the other one tried to follow one of us and ran into everything trying to do so. Was a few patches ago.

I've had the same thing on my arma 2 server.. real playing in lobby and ai playing with his name in game.. shoot him dead and no death messages just a dead ai body very odd I thought he had hackers..

This was a few days ago... but I've not played it in the last few days to see if it's still happening...seen it now with 3 player names 2 off which I know and trust completely...very odd and now rhyme or reason as to what started it... no changes to this server in weeks... as it's only used now by a few german clans..

as an almost private server!

any one got any Ideas?

Mines running A LOT of mod's Infini as anti hax... so very hard to pin point what's the problem...

I've had the same thing on my arma 2 server.. real playing in lobby and ai playing with his name in game.. shoot him dead and no death messages just a dead ai body very odd I thought he had hackers..

This was a few days ago... but I've not played it in the last few days to see if it's still happening...seen it now with 3 player names 2 off which I know and trust completely...very odd and now rhyme or reason as to what started it... no changes to this server in weeks... as it's only used now by a few german clans..

as an almost private server!

any one got any Ideas?

Mines running A LOT of mod's Infini as anti hax... so very hard to pin point what's the problem...

if you are using my old spawn system, then update ...