Foundation Problems with Elevation

Kackarot

Use page up page down keys to lift foundations a little bit, move them to the point you think they should snap and wait until they automagically resize themselves and snap at same height as previous foundations. However, if the elevation difference is too high for the full size of the foundation, it will never snap, so make sure, that the difference is "just a bit", not 45 degrees or something.

Little did someone know that foundations now can hang in the air, so maybe yours are doing it too? Do not make them higher than one stud wall's height.

• 2 weeks later...

Use page up page down keys to lift foundations a little bit, move them to the point you think they should snap and wait until they automagically resize themselves and snap at same height as previous foundations. However, if the elevation difference is too high for the full size of the foundation, it will never snap, so make sure, that the difference is "just a bit", not 45 degrees or something.

Little did someone know that foundations now can hang in the air, so maybe yours are doing it too? Do not make them higher than one stud wall's height.

I do this, but it snaps to a lower elevation. I feel like building a gathering is a deal to me in epoch, but I understand its not everyone's favorite. I just miss the arma 2 building. I know it was unrealistic, but loved how everything snapped nicely.

If it snaps lower, then elevation is too high (too high difference between them I mean), cause the sum of elevation height and foundation height can never exceed the amount of full height foundation snapped to that elevation, if you know what I mean. Try making lower foundations, like half of their maximum height, and then snap another one to lower elevation, it should work, otherwise, if you snap first foundation at full height or closer to full height, another one won't snap correctly. Been there done that, tested all myself when I had a base on a mountain top.

However, I do not advice making foundations lower than human height in arma 3 otherwise, someone can just walk under those foundation and loot the stuff that is above on the floor or even get into the vehicle if you have one on top. Another good tip is to never keep anything on a first floor, just leave that space either empty, or use lockboxes instead of shelfs. Tested all such glitching with my own base. And another good tip, never place shelfs close to an outer wall. Someone can just walk up to a wall, lean backwards (with raised weapon) and loot your shelfs. Again, tested myself. Many people have this problem and I try to remind them when I have a chance to move their shelfs farther inside at least. Of course, the best would be just to use doublewalls. Takes more time, but improves base security enormously.