Spawn Traders do not have any inventory

ancienttyrael

Question

Hi, I am Tyrael. I am currently setting up a public clan mod server. I got most of the setup down after many headaches but still have one issue with the spawn traders.

This is sorta perplexing me, the traders at spawn do not carry any type of inventory at all. You can sell equipment to them but I assumed they would have their own inventory for purchases. I could just be stupid and thats how they are designed but just wanted a confirmation and if theres a fix. I even checked the database and saw no entries for them. The config files have enabled the traders and have a default configuration for their inventory.

9 answers to this question

@EpochHive,  epochconfig.hpp

starterTraderItems[] = { { "ItemSodaBurst", "meatballs_epoch", "MortarBucket", "CinderBlocks", "VehicleRepair", "CircuitParts", "ItemCorrugated", "PartPlankPack", "ItemRock", "ItemRope", "ItemStick" }, { 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 } }; // Starter Items for fresh spawned trader first array is classnames second is quantity.

I have this exact same issue. I think it's because the spawn traders are static set, not dynamically created by the server. I've noticed all dynamically created traders have the proper inventory as defined in epochconfig.hpp, but any trader that is set in "@epochhive/a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo/configs/maps/[mapname].h" will not have the defined inventory.

TL:DR = Black dot traders will not have the pre-defined inventory, brown dot traders will.

It's a hassle but it works, visit each trader and sell them 1 thing then grab your list of items and paste them in for each trader in the database, restart the server and you have inventor. As for the black traders I just add the inventory thru the database

The reason I say visit and sell to each trader because they don't populate on the database until you interact with them

It's a hassle but it works, visit each trader and sell them 1 thing then grab your list of items and paste them in for each trader in the database, restart the server and you have inventor. As for the black traders I just add the inventory thru the database

The reason I say visit and sell to each trader because they don't populate on the database until you interact with them

Thats fine, its annoying as I can't launch the admin menu for stock antihack so its sorta of a pain to get all of them.

first off lol wut?

Back to topic, I see what you mean Mimic. Do at this point if I want to give the static traders any inventory I will have to add them in via database?

lol

I forget to Post the Link above.............

Use this

its done in 1 min with this tool ;)

I have this exact same issue. I think it's because the spawn traders are static set, not dynamically created by the server. I've noticed all dynamically created traders have the proper inventory as defined in epochconfig.hpp, but any trader that is set in "@epochhive/a3_epoch_server_settings.pbo/configs/maps/[mapname].h" will not have the defined inventory.

TL:DR = Black dot traders will not have the pre-defined inventory, brown dot traders will.

+1 to what mimic has listed here...

This really should be fixed on the Epoch mod dev side to fill all traders regardless of trader type (black dot, brown dot, or orange dot) to have what is defined in the starterTraderItems[] array.  It is not sustainable for admins to back fill the trader types that do not receive this array at server start.