sec b possible?

akechi

hey there,

im looking for a mission system or something like that to create a place like sec b from the a2 tavi. i havent found a suitable way to do that.

a3-wai throws out a lot of rpt errors and doesnt spawn a unit at all, so thats not working for me plus its a dead project, guess it will never work without being a programmer.

a3eai one the other hand works pretty well on spawning the ai at the intended location but of course its not designed to give players a lootbox after clearing them out.

the other mission systems like sem or vemf are way over my head and i dont know if they are designed to spawn static ai without an actual mission.

i've seen some servers running an sec b and id like to know how they accomplished that. any ideas on how i could do that on my own?

i could just use a3eai but dont have a clue how to spawn a lootbox which gets deleted with server restart and filled again after.

thanks for helping me out

thank u sir, this looks quite interesting.

now my next problem is, how do is add a loot crate to that whole thing?

theres no need for it to be like a mission aka kill all ai before u can loot. i could place to crate so its needed to kill most of them =)

thanks for ur help so far. thankfully the first part is quite short, i'll use the original sec b for now =D

the script u directed me to is just awesome. ive set up everything in 60min or so. its ridiculously easy to use =D

now, the last problem still stands, how can i put a crate in there and fill it with the items i chose? i found some scripts on armaholics but they all look like pure a3 scripts. they fill them for example with blufor weapons and other stuff but i havent found a script that let me decide what stuff is there.

maybe u can give me a hint for that too? =)

thanks for the help so far!

Do you use VEMF ? if so a piss easy way to get crates spawning with random loot is to use Vampires code, example :

_pos = [4233.13,10499.4,3.09772];
_object = createVehicle ["Land_Box_AmmoOld_F", _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_object setDir 330;
_object setPosATL _pos;
waitUntil{!isNil "VEMFLoadLoot"};
[_object] call VEMFLoadLoot;

or you can fill the crates manually, what ever suits your needs :)

i do indeed use vemf on my server.

where do i put that code exactly? i can see this in the vfunctions.sqf in the vemf.pbo but dont really know what to do with it.

sry, im not that experienced yet and appreciate ever help u are willing to give =)

so, the only thing i need to edit is the somecontent1.sqf (i'll leave that name to test it out) and add

diag_log format['Custom %1 - Starting somecontent1.sqf',time];

_pos = [x,y,z]; // <-- some place in the sector
_object = createVehicle ["Land_Box_AmmoOld_F", _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_object setDir 330;
_object setPosATL _pos;
waitUntil{!isNil "VEMFLoadLoot"};
[_object] call VEMFLoadLoot;

and it calls the loot table from vemf? and if so i can just put in the vemf config whatever i wish to spawn in the crate (dyn loot table off)?

and thanks for everything, u helped me a great deal!!

i cant get it done it seems.

i placed to above code in the sqf, packed everything together, called it a3_epoch_custom.pbo and threw it in the @epochhive\addons.

when the server starts rpt throws out the following

Warning Message: Script x\addons\custom\init\fn_init.sqf not found      //at the very beginning

20:18:41 Creation of object L Bravo 1-3 failed, state MISSION ASKED
20:18:41 Creation of object L Bravo 1-3:<Empty main subgroup> failed, state MISSION ASKED

20:18:44 Ref to nonnetwork object R Alpha 1-3:10                             //these ones for every unit that has to spawn

20:20:10 Client: Nonnetwork object 43b1a040.
20:20:10 Client: Nonnetwork object 43964500.
20:20:10 Client: Nonnetwork object 43bb74c0.
20:20:10 Client: Nonnetwork object 43f7a780.
20:20:10 Client: Nonnetwork object 43b1a040.
20:20:10 Client: Nonnetwork object 43964500.
20:20:10 Client: Nonnetwork object 43bb74c0.
20:20:10 Client: Nonnetwork object 43f7a780.
20:20:10 Creation of object Statistics for Danny failed, state MISSION ASKED
20:23:07 Client: Nonnetwork object ef7e6e0.                                       //all of these when i try to login

and them im stuck at "Starting epoch" screen. any ideas =)

Warning Message: Script x\addons\custom\init\fn_init.sqf not found      //at the very beginning

Odd it can't find the file, did you change the name ?

Alternatively you could also try your luck with the by Nedfox, that has a script to add a crate in game.

Sure, whats the issue? What did u try so far?

I used the pack richie mentioned and just Place them as Game-Logic (correct term? Thats translated from the German Version) in the Editor.

Im Not using vehicles from that pack, since they disapear when getting close to Players. Ended up raining dead ai from the skies, every Time they Fly near me