How to join a game?

totedemac

Hi, i just want to try this mod, i downloaded, installed, activated already on Arma3

When i join a game it joins but it says You were kicked from the game, for no reasons, i dont know why, why am i doing wrong?

I followed even some youtube tutorials and its the same i did.

I download the last version mod on this web, my Arma 3 is genuine and also my steam. 

You will need to download our mod from epochmod.com then head to our servers page, select from official servers for now until you get the hang of things and just click the play button. It should enable the mod/mods required and launch the game.

maybe you can help me axle  :)

im trying to connect to your 0.3 chernarus server without luck. the other testservers working great. installed and activated aia. after join the server nothing happens. no error only connecting screen

6uhbsbi6.jpg

edit: i dont know why but now it works  :blink:

Why is it this hard to play Epoch? I have been troubleshooting for days. I downloaded every mod I saw in the Extensions that the servers are using. I cannot even connect to the official servers on the Epoch server page. I downloaded Arma 3 launcher. I followed every half ass tutorial on youtube that leave out so many steps it's ridiculous. Every time I attempt to connect to a server I get kicked out before it connects me. It's like a full time job trying to play Epoch. 

Negative, I downloaded everything on the Epoch site that it says is required. That did not work. I began downloading the extra extensions that were listed in the individual servers (always some extra different extensions @AllInArmaTerrainPack @DragonFyre @Epoch @Epoch0252 @mas ). Downloaded Arma3 Launcher. Tried joining official Epoch server. FFS I'm about to uninstall Arma 3 and fuck this game. 

Thank you Axle, it must be something wrong going on, because i did what you said and i get still kicked.

I downloaded the mod and there wasnt 2 files, just a folder with the epoch mode which i installed correctly.

Well maybe this is to complicated for me, thank you for your time anyway.

Best regards

I am about to uninstall Arma 3 and every mod and anything associated with it. Then install fresh (will take forever just to play Epoch). 

What is it you claim I can extract 2 things and then choose any server and play? That is what I will do after I re-install the entire game. 

Negative, I downloaded everything on the Epoch site that it says is required. That did not work. I began downloading the extra extensions that were listed in the individual servers (always some extra different extensions @AllInArmaTerrainPack @DragonFyre @Epoch @Epoch0252 @mas ). Downloaded Arma3 Launcher. Tried joining official Epoch server. FFS I'm about to uninstall Arma 3 and fuck this game. 

To play on any Altis or Stratis server you just need the @Epoch server files, current version 0.2.5.2, dev servers are running 0.3.0 as it's being tested.

If you have @Epoch0252 then you also have A3launcher installed, it renames the folder, @Epoch and @Epoch0252 are exactly the same files.

To play on any server running an ArmA 2 map such as Chernarus then you need the All In Arma Terrain Pack, known as AiA TP, that folder will be named @allinarmaterrainpack

Tell me what server you want to join, I'll gladly explain exactly what you need to do to play :)

It might seem complicated at first but once you get the hang of things you'll soon be helping others.

To play on any Altis or Stratis server you just need the @Epoch server files, current version 0.2.5.2, dev servers are running 0.3.0 as it's being tested.

If you have @Epoch0252 then you also have A3launcher installed, it renames the folder, @Epoch and @Epoch0252 are exactly the same files.

To play on any server running an ArmA 2 map such as Chernarus then you need the All In Arma Terrain Pack, known as AiA TP, that folder will be named @allinarmaterrainpack

Tell me what server you want to join, I'll gladly explain exactly what you need to do to play :)

It might seem complicated at first but once you get the hang of things you'll soon be helping others.

I am downloading 0.2.5.2 version now. I deleted everything else besides AiA TP. Once I finish downloading Epoch Mod I will attempt to join a server and post the server and results here. Does it have to be a server from the Epoch Official Server page or can I just find one with good ping and join from in game or from Arma 3 launcher?

I am downloading 0.2.5.2 version now. I deleted everything else besides AiA TP. Once I finish downloading Epoch Mod I will attempt to join a server and post the server and results here. Does it have to be a server from the Epoch Official Server page or can I just find one with good ping and join from in game or from Arma 3 launcher?

Pick any server you please :) most people will try many before they find a server they want to settle on.

One thing i did miss before were things you mentioned such as @DragonFyre, DragonFyre is a sound mod, it replaces the ArmA sounds with custom sounds, it's pretty awesome tbh but it's optional.

Lets master the basics and then go for the advanced stuff later, just have patience, you'll soon be building bases and pwning n00bs.

Problem is you have 2 versions of Epoch running on servers now... you probably downloaded the 0.3 version but 95% of server are still running the 2.5.2.  Don't know why the main page has the 0.3 version for download now when its only being "tested" on official host servers.  Another reason why not to give only the select few one version and everyone else another it just confuses and pisses players off at the mod.

Problem is you have 2 versions of Epoch running on servers now... you probably downloaded the 0.3 version but 95% of server are still running the 2.5.2.  Don't know why the main page has the 0.3 version for download now when its only being "tested" on official host servers.  Another reason why not to give only the select few one version and everyone else another it just confuses and pisses players off at the mod.

This is exactly what happened. The first choice on the Epoch site is the version no one uses. Thanks for helping me out guys. I can now get on servers after choosing 2.5.2