[Solved] Making new storage using crates

Pringlez

In advance, if this has already been suggested/asked, sorry, please post links to the thread.

So in the new Chopper DLC there was a few "crates" added in the support section of the editor...

I want to take this hook-able crate, and put them in the server so that if anyone has a chopper capable of lifting it, they can lift it and take it to base if they find it. (I would also like to be able to make them sell-able.

Classname of box: B_Slingload_01_Repair_F

This crate can be lifted by the Taru and Huron

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

@Nedfox okay thanks @Second_coming. Will give that a go, just wasnt sure if that was possible thanks.

I just tried adding it on my test server and it spawns in fine and stays put after server restart (I lifted it from the initial spawn point to another spot).

I've also added it to the list of allowable items which can be picked up by a Hemtt in IgiLoad but haven't tested that yet.

@Second_Coming, if you get the igiLoad thing working, would you mind letting me know how you done it? As this is something that would be handy for me also :)

Also, have you put items in it then restarted the server? do the items you put in stay there after restart?

edit IgiLoad.sqf and change

IL_Supported_Cargo_Veh_HEMTT = IL_Supported_Cargo_Veh_Kamaz + IL_Supported_OFFROAD + IL_Supported_SUV;
to

IL_Supported_Cargo_Veh_HEMTT = IL_Supported_Cargo_Veh_Kamaz + IL_Supported_OFFROAD + IL_Supported_SUV + ["B_Slingload_01_Repair_F"];
after

if (_obj_type in IL_Supported_Veh_Ammo) then
		{
			_obj setVariable["slots", 2, true];
			_obj setVariable["cargo_offset", 0.4, true];
		};
add

if (_obj_type == "B_Slingload_01_Repair_F") then
		{
			_obj setVariable["slots", 6, true];
			_obj setVariable["cargo_offset", 2.5, true];
		};	

Yep, works fine. Double check your igiload config but I think it's already in the list of lift-able items so doesn't need adding.

We found this crate last night at one of the SEM missions, the box can be Loaded into the chopper but we never got a Lift option, Will look again tonight once got all this added

It seems quite hit and miss, I loaded it with a hemtt and it worked fine but using a pickup it was again left hanging in mid air. I've removed them for now until I get a proper chance to look at it :(

The crates from missions work fine though so it must be something to do with them being treated as epoch vehicles.

Maybe, but then again, It's IgiLoad and since thats not in Epoch by default, im not too sure how that would effect anything. Won't be able to take a proper look untill weekend. Will post updates if we get it working (if you haven't already)

True, if all you use is helicopters lifting them you should be fine.

^^^ Yup same problem

i see only 1 problem with this idea which i loved so fully tested it

can move the object no problem...get them to spawn no problem but

after a restart the object does not funtion...you cant take any items out of it or put any items into it. just wont function

Our server just restarted so ill take a look and see. Ty for heads up!

*Edit

Okay so, Our crate is still there... and we can access the gear of it, However, we took everything out of it before restart, so will put some crappy stuff in it and report back in few hours after next restart

We broke our box, forgot that moving it with a Hemmit fucks it up -_-! Hopefully it will drop to ground after restart, then we can test the inventory side of things,

But after last restart we could store things and take them out after restart... Mind telling me what you dont while adding the box to your server? And what the class name of the box you used is? Might be able to assist you