Restriction #52

Moody

Question

9 answers to this question

Im getting this script restriction, tried to add what i tought was right to that line, but now im stuck on loading screen.

Whats wrong?=( 

Thank you!

Line 53

7 displayAddEventHandler !"_display displayAddEventHandler" !"[_display] call _fnc_animate;" !"tVersion select 4) == \"Development\") then" !"_display displayaddeventhandler\n[\n\"mousemoving\"," !"(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler [\"KeyDown\",\"true\"];" !"(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler [\"KeyDown\",\"_this call EPOCH_KeyDown\"];" !"_display displayaddeventhandler [\"unload\",\"uinamespace setvariable ['BIS_fnc_guiMess" !="findDisplay -1337 displayAddEventHandler ['Unload'" !="KeyDown"

How to undestand where and what u must to add i post here:

b_560_95_1.png

Line 53

7 displayAddEventHandler !"_display displayAddEventHandler" !"[_display] call _fnc_animate;" !"tVersion select 4) == \"Development\") then" !"_display displayaddeventhandler\n[\n\"mousemoving\"," !"(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler [\"KeyDown\",\"true\"];" !"(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler [\"KeyDown\",\"_this call EPOCH_KeyDown\"];" !"_display displayaddeventhandler [\"unload\",\"uinamespace setvariable ['BIS_fnc_guiMess" !="findDisplay -1337 displayAddEventHandler ['Unload'" !="KeyDown"

How to undestand where and what u must to add i post here:

b_560_95_1.png

Im sorry, but the restriction im getting in log looks so much different from the one you posted. as mine has [ and some other stuff, im having a hard time figuring out excactly how much of the restricion i get into my exception =/

Im sorry, but the restriction im getting in log looks so much different from the one you posted. as mine has [ and some other stuff, im having a hard time figuring out excactly how much of the restricion i get into my exception =/

If your rescriction was 52, then u must edit next line. Almost allways is next line.

So line 53 start with displayAddEventHandler and in restriction log file have line _display displayAddEventHandler

Now you know what u need and add to this line  !"_display displayAddEventHandler"

If your rescriction was 52, then u must edit next line. Almost allways is next line.

So line 53 start with displayAddEventHandler and in restriction log file have line _display displayAddEventHandler

Now you know what u need and add to this line  !"_display displayAddEventHandler"

Thank you, fair enough! What i dont understand is, what does addeventhandler has to do with welcome messages?

Trying to join now after entering that filter, i hear some sound i never have heard before(sounds like something is beeing loaded or launching when logging in) but im getting stuck as loading screen, so are other players aswell. What causes us to beeing stuck at loading screen? Black screen where it says "Starting Epoch........Please wait!"

Since you are adding Scripts, I am sure you have been to the Scripting subforum here for Arma 3, which means you should have seen this: 

PINNED  

This is a resource to use when you want to learn how to fix restriction issues like the one you describe.

The post shows you immediately some stuff, but go to the location it links to and read more about each individual script that it talks about - and how you go about adding your own exceptions into your BE filters.

As we get updates to Epoch, there will be changes to the default filters and you will end up breaking your server in most cases if you don't know how to properly adjust your own filters.

If there is one thing a Server Admin absolutely need to learn, it is without a doubt how to edit BE filters. :)