Traders sell wrong items

sampson42002

Question

Hello, I added a weapon to my hero trader today.  It now has the traders selling the wrong stuff.  Example the building supply guy in stary sales guns.(see screenshot)  The regular gun salesman in stary sells building supplies and cars.   the hero trader sells the wrong stuff to.  Trader list screenshot shows my phpmyadmin trader list.  All those items I added, The traders worked fine(been added for weeks).  The m110 is what was added to the hero trader.  It is the item that messed up the other traders.  I have removed it and restarted the server and they are still messed up. 

Traderlist1 screenshot show the add page.

I have tried adding that gun using this classname M110 TI Scope M110_TWS_EP1 and this one M110_TWS_EP1 both have the same issue.

Here is my hero trader from the server traders sqg

// Hero Vendor
menu_RU_Functionary1 = [
    [["Ammunition",478],["Clothes",476],["Helicopter Armed",493],["Military Armed",562],["Trucks Armed",479],["Weapons",477]],
    [],
    "hero"

Any help on the problem or how to fix it would be great.

post-27049-0-87509900-1423603025_thumb.j

post-27049-0-03157400-1423603085_thumb.j

post-27049-0-04547900-1423603244_thumb.j

17 answers to this question

Is this constant or could it be lag related? It might be a lot of work but I personally would get all of the trader stuff out of my database and use the cfgServerTrader.hpp

If it isn't just lag related, perhaps you used the same number twice for the toolbelt items and assault rifles? Your pictures dont help because they show different things. The image of the guns under toolbelt items shows assault rifles and not the m110

Thanks DangerRuss.  I ended up having the hosting company wipe the server and database(had some other issues as well).  So i'll copy the trader file this time before I add anything so I can just restore it if something messes up.

I recommend using the cfgServerTrader.hpp and just making all of your edits in the server PBO instead of the database. It helps server performance and you dont get the lag issues with traders when the server is popular e.g. click on trader menu and it loads another menu, or trading takes forever.

Ok cool thanks.  I have another project to do on my days off(install this and the trade from backpack script).  What do you use for player inventory?  Meaning A player on my server had a key and it glitched.  I found it in his character data in phpmyadmin.  Just curious what you use to do anything like that.

Ok so the category folder goes in the  root mission file and the cfgservertrader.hpp goes into the custom folder in the mission file? I did that as well as adding this line #include "custom\cfgServerTrader.hpp"   at the very top of the description.ext I even tried it above the snap pro line.  Trying those ways still made it get stuck on the waiting for host screen.

Ok so the category folder goes in the  root mission file and the cfgservertrader.hpp goes into the custom folder in the mission file? I did that as well as adding this line #include "custom\cfgServerTrader.hpp"   at the very top of the description.ext I even tried it above the snap pro line.  Trying those ways still made it get stuck on the waiting for host screen.

start again and find your dayz_epoch_b.pbo (Unpack it)

Find CfgServerTrader Folder Copy The Folder

Paste it into your mission folder

Edit description.ext with notepadd++ then Copy and paste this:

#include "CfgServerTrader\cfgServerTrader.hpp"

At the very Top  Above everything so it is the first line save and close

Edit init.sqf with notepadd++ then Copy and paste this:

DZE_ConfigTrader = true;

Above This Line:

DZE_BuildOnRoads = false; // Default: False

Save And Close

Open CfgServerTrader Folder And Edit cfgServerTrader.hpp With Notepad++

This is where you can change File Path To Category Folder if you follow this you wont need to edit this unless you are adding more Categories

Your right DangerRuss.  After looking at the 22 pages, I came across a way to do it.  However it did not work.  So I posted on that thread hoping to get it working.  Forgot how much of a pain it is to sell guns 1 by 1 lol.  You were right though the trader menus load faster and are very easy to add items to.

One question though, on the cfgservertrader there is no quantity.  Does this mean that the servers will never run out of items?

Your right DangerRuss.  After looking at the 22 pages, I came across a way to do it.  However it did not work.  So I posted on that thread hoping to get it working.  Forgot how much of a pain it is to sell guns 1 by 1 lol.  You were right though the trader menus load faster and are very easy to add items to.

One question though, on the cfgservertrader there is no quantity.  Does this mean that the servers will never run out of items?

Correct. They will never run out. For most servers this isn't an issue because when using the database they just had a query to auto update inventory anyway. It's just one less thing to worry about really.

Try removing the trade animations, trading is much quicker then, and really the animations are pointless.