Redis database problem

Oddy-B

Question

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help.

I have been running an A3epoch server now for three weeks, all has been well, until a power outage.

The problem i am now facing is that everything that has been done in the past three weeks has disappeared. I realise that I will not be able to recover the data in the database, as is has not been saving the data.

The question is now: how do I get Redis to save the data, so that when redis closes there is no data loss?

Also is it possible to use an SQL database instead of redis?

Any help would be appreciated

4 answers to this question

from what i understand the saved data is placed into dump.rdb, this file was only 43KB, yet this should have been far greater with an active server for three weeks.

bases built, gear stored etc.....

all i would like to know is how to automatically store the data.  so that in the event of redis shutting down, all is not lost again

Check your redis.conf file.  In there you will find the settings for the save frequency.  It should save by default every 'x' minutes depending on how many records have changed.  Otherwise, you have something set up incorrectly.  My advice would be to set up a Dropbox or Google drive account on your server and have your Redis instance run from the shared folder there.  That way you always get real time backups in case something goes tits up.  

Thanks for the advice,

I am now thinking I started the server with the main program and not the batch file (cant remember). Also, Seems the redis console was giving an error (system error caught. error code =0x000005af, message=BeginForkOperation: VirtualProtect failed: unknown error). This I found that by adjusting the pagefile on the hdd, as seen in a post elswhere in the forums  ( ) , cured the errors.

For the past few hours I have been jumping on and of the server, shutting down redis and the server, then restarting. All appears good atm. will continue to monitor it