[HowTo] Killing CA_Missions_BAF_2 Error

MadMartyr

Question

With my server, I , for whatever reason, continually get the "Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Missions_BAF_2'" error.  I've tried everything posted all around the web, and it hasn't gone away.  It doesn't affect the server or clients in any discernible way, other than making scheduled restarts a pain.  So, today, I wrote a tool to take care of that.  It's meant to be launched with the server from the .BAT file.  Essentially, the application checks every 10 seconds from start for the error message, and if it shows up within five minutes the app automatically closes it so the server can start normally.

How to implement:

1. Download the application ZIP file here, and extract it in to your server's directory in a folder called OAErrorKill (this folder should be in the same directory as the .BAT file for launching the server, as comes standard).
  2. Right-click your instance's .BAT file, and select "EDIT"
  3. At the end of the file, add a new line, and paste in the following:
  4. cd "OAErrorKill"

start "" "OAErrorKill.exe"
  5. And that's it.  The server will launch, then the OAErrorKill app will launch and kill the error message if/when it pops up.

I realize most, if not all, of you don't need this, but if you do it's here.

1 answer to this question

HOLY CRAP THANKYOU SOOOO MUCH.   without this my auto restarts wont work because the server never actually starts up without clicking away the error message. 

i have been searching in all the wrong places for a fix to this.

This is literally perfect 

Thankyou so much.  you have made a man very happy on this day :D