Rename Arma3 Weapons

TheVampire

All the weapons I've seen Epoch add have been named after the actual weapons. (M14, M1911, etc)

Do you plan to reclass the in-game weapons to rename them after the actual firearms?

eg:

Sting 9mm > CZ Scorpion Evo 3

P07 9mm > Walther P99

etc

Or do you intend to eventually replace them entirely with only epoch items?

I think (not sure) that there's a copyright reason why some weapons cannot use their real names.

At least, one would assume.  I'd like to see them model a couple more custom weapons though.  Been considering getting into modeling and map making lately hmmm.

At least, one would assume.  I'd like to see them model a couple more custom weapons though.  Been considering getting into modeling and map making lately hmmm.

If there was some sort of copyright worries, I would think they would have used off names for all the new weapons they have added.

I'd prefer if they were named after the real weapons, but thought it was odd they were in-between.

If there was some sort of copyright worries, I would think they would have used off names for all the new weapons they have added.

I'd prefer if they were named after the real weapons, but thought it was odd they were in-between.

Not necessarily, I know Counter Strike had this issue back in the day for awhile where they could not call certain weapons their real names. Might be manufacturer-related

The only weapon created so far that is breaking trademark is the Ruger .22, and its in their best interest to rename it to something else like the Mark Two. I also like actual firearm names but Brand names like CZ or Walther are trademarked and therefore cannot be used without permission which means $$. The weapons created by the Epoch team have mostly been named according to their military designations (M107, M14, M1911...) which has no trademark.