Server Install Question

OneShotPaddy

Question

Hello folks!

This is my first attempt to run an Arma 3 Epoch server, though I have run an Arma 2 version in the past. I've already looked at the FAQ thread above and tried the potential resolutions listed but I can't get past the server initializing screen and its eventual Error 02.

Rather than have any potential helpers go back and forth on asking me what I've done thus far, let me walk you through the process:

- Copied and pasted Arma 3 game files over a vpn to my dedicated box from my gaming rig
- Placed both Epoch folders into the ARMA 3 root directory
- Dropped in the TADST.exe in the same root directory
- First used the TADST to run the server and when I received the error 02, checked the forums discovering the potential solution of running Redist database
- Have since launched redist and restarted server, same error
- Edited my paths in several ini and config files (including BattleEye) as directed, same error

At this point, I'm wondering if I need to change the IP address from 127.0.0.1 to my server's actual private IP. To me, the number shouldn't need to be changed in the config or INI files purely because it points to the local NIC, which is correct is it not? It also has no port listed in the files, not sure if that's a problem. This was listed in the FAQ, but I'm not sure if the port number is necessary in the config files if it wasn't in there by default, as all my settings are default.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

7 answers to this question

Note: it appears I still can't get into the server. It hangs at Server Initializing. I guess I'll consider restarting the process again. It's strange because this version is supposed to be so much easier to setup and even in the Youtube tutorials people just drag and drop some files and they're good to go. I feel remarkably inept.

Additionally, the only thing it says in the prompt is that Epoch mission was read from bank. I don't have any information with which I can work.

Yes as far as I can tell Redis was running fine. I simply started over completely, this time relying on SteamCMD (gag) to do the install of the core Arma3 files for me, completely configured it step-by-step through a tutorial and then installed the epoch files. It's now operational and thanks to you all for your time! :)

As I learned in Arma 2 hosting, sometimes starting over is the best option.