Fireplaces

Dobrowney

I'm guessing fireplaces can't really be removed from the built objects list on which there are also walls, stairs, etc, otherwise they would be put into a separate category a long time ago. An effective and quite simple solution is to set the decay time on fireplaces to a much shorter amount. For instance, does a fireplace really need to be hogging that built item list for all of the server cycle? Put a timer on fireplaces (that can be set by the server owners), for instance, a fireplace not being used for 10 minutes? To the trash with you, automatically. It seems the built objects list only gets refreshed at server restart though, so the devs would have to tweak the refreshing of this list, otherwise auto-removal of the fireplaces wouldn't affect the "world limit reached" thingie until the restart. The whole building aspect on Epoch, especially servers running vanilla like Mells, is quite broken because of this, with people waiting for server restart and racing who's gonna put down a wall first just after restart before the world limit gets reached (again, and again, and again). They were saying they have a new script running for auto-removal of obsolete building parts which should help a bit, but as long as you have fireplaces being put down as fast as they are now, you will always have this problem.  

@Kevlar, the world limit gets updated while the server is running, so if the world limit has been reached and you blow up a wall, you would be able to put down another wall shortly after. 

And this is alpha, so I don't think the devs have had time to but fireplaces in a separate category, but hopefully it will happen. 

I'm guessing fireplaces can't really be removed from the built objects list on which there are also walls, stairs, etc, otherwise they would be put into a separate category a long time ago......

Yea its annoying because the stuff you need a fire to craft.

How about removing the fires from the building list and having a decay rate like you suggested.  so they are not even a permanent structure. Either by decay rate or clean up.

This is not true. We have tested this on Mells house on both Altis and Chernarus.

Well I tested it too (when there were only a few players online on a server), and it worked as I described for me, although I have not done it on this most recent patch. I think the problem you could have on those servers is that they are so populated that people are constantly trying to build. Also, maybe it takes some time to update the limit, especially on a high population server.