Status Bar

piX

Hey Guys, 

I saw some people, somewhere along the line - asking about implementing a simple status bar at the bottom of the screen. I will show you how to do it, this is my first time ever explaining how to implement something like this, so forgive me if I do anything wrong/explain incorrectly. This is a very simple thing to implement, so I take no credit for being a pro :P

There may be a better way to do this, I'm only posting what I've used, as it has worked fine.

Secondly, all credits go where they are due - to the creator "LifeIsAJoke". I do not take any ownership or claim to have designed this script. I am simply showing how to set it up for Epoch.

Step 1

Download this .RAR archive that contains the "statusBar.hpp" and "statusBar.sqf". https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yytpxeofoz7r6v/statusBar.rar?dl=0

Extract these files to your ROOT Mission Folder. (With init, description etc)

Step 2

Open your description.sqf. At the BOTTOM, add:

class RscTitles
{
#include "statusBar.hpp"
}

Step 3

Open your init.sqf. At the BOTTOM, add:

[] execVM "statusBar.sqf";

Step 4

Battleye Filters

In your scripts.txt, change the value for line 21 from 7 to 1.

I will update this post ASAP with the correct filters. For now, this will just log the restriction rather than kick.

Customization

Changing the colour of the text:

On line 30 of statusBar.hpp, you will see this:

color = "#FFFFFF";

change the #FFFFFF to whatever colour you would like, as a colour reference, use http://html-color-codes.info/.

Here are the filters I use:

scripts.txt, line 18, (7 playableunits):

!="round diag_fps" !="(240-(round(serverTime/60)))" !="(count playableUnits)" !="EPOCH_playerCrypto" !="EPOCH_playerHunger" !="EPOCH_playerThirst" !="EPOCH_playerSoiled" !="EPOCH_playerStamina" !="(damage player)"

Can't check your dropbox file from here to see what your status bar actually has, but the above covers a few extras I added to my bar.