R3F kicks

drsubo

So im curious if anyone has an answer to this. Every time I add r3f script onto my server I get publicvariable kick 0 and every other player gets epoch admin ban 0 or publicvariable either way no players can join my server. If I take the script out every things is fine. I added all the exceptions and what not but when your server restarts it updates the publicvariable.txt file so its no good. I read that some people were setting it to log only (2) but I don't see how that could work if the file gets written over every restart. Does anyone have this working on there server and have an answer for me. Thanks

The only part of the pubvar file that gets overwritten is the random variables assigned to it by the server on each restart.  The rest of the file remains untouched.  So if you have all of the correct exceptions in your BE filters then that part should be good and the kicks will stop.

As for the bans, if you add anything to the server that adds functions (like those that show up on your scroll wheel as part of R3F) you will have to disable addon checking in your EpochAH settings.  Once they open it up and allow us to edit the AH properties we can add the menu actions and it will be fine.  But for now this will be the closest thing to a solution as we can get.  

ok thanks a lot one other question. Is there an exception I need to add to publicvariables.txt because I just set it to 1 or 2 but after restart its back to 5 again so like you said nothing gets changed except the end but it does set that back to 5 also so just not sure if I need to add exceptions to it or if disable addon check will take care of that also because the pubvar kick 0 I get as admin is also caused by the r3f. if I am set to admin I get pubvar kick and if I join with my num taken out of antihack I get the auto ban 0. so It seems the same kick just shows up differently depending if your admin or not

Honestly if you're needing to add stuff for R3F to the pubvar file I would do it on a new line.  Setting the other functions in there to 1 or 2 is opening yourself up to a lot of security risk.  Just add it to a new line and then play with it from there.  Add it to the "original" file and then when the random variables get copied in then your additions should go with it.

oh ya I just wasn't sure if I needed any kind of exception in there at all because before I new that the check addon was causing the auto ban 0 which also shows up as pub var kick 0 if your an admin. I thought there was exception I was missing. I just set pub var to 1 because I couldn't see anything in the log but must be because I was admin because everyone else got the auto ban not the pubvar.

ya I have all the exceptions its was just the pub var.txt that I wasn't sure about because I kept getting kick pubvar 0 but there was nothing in log. so I thought maybe there was something I needed to add that wasn't showing up but it must of been some bug or something because I was admin and had the addon check enabled still. not sure though but thanks for the help