[SOLVED] Problem with Tow / Lift

JohnyMST

Question

Hi all,

I found a big problem with my Tow/Lift script. It basically allows players to Tow and Lift everything that is available. Was able to Lift another Heli yesterday...

It seems like my code in arma2_CO_objects.sqf is all correct...

http://pastebin.com/NisKtmRw

This is my code. As far as I can see, according to my code I should only be able to lift the following vehicles:
            "AN2_DZ",
            "C130J_US_EP1",
            "GNT_C185U",
            "GNT_C185",
            "GNT_C185R",
            "GNT_C185C"

So that would be fine with me as these are planes.. But how do I disable all the other liftable vehicles that are NOT on the list?

10 answers to this question

There are multiple config files. The default one that's always used is R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG/R3F_LOG/config.sqf. The others are in the addons_config folder, and aren't really necessary as long as you can just add everything you need to the config.sqf. They're basically meant to be used to separate objects from your installed addons from default objects.

Thanks,

I edited my config.sqf so Helis can only lift planes... However ingame, I can lift anything I want with a heli? ;/

There has to be something else allowing players to lift everything even tho my code states clearly:

/**
 * List of class names of liftables objects.
 * Liste des noms de classes des objets h�liportables.
 */
R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_heliportables = [

"AN2_DZ",
            "C130J_US_EP1",
            "GNT_C185U",
            "GNT_C185",
            "GNT_C185R",
            "GNT_C185C"
];

From my understanding, this should only allow players to lift the above objects.

I just tried again with this and still able to lift helis/cars with other helis...

Anyone knows where the problem is with this?

Maybe upload your whole mission.pbo or at least the R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG folder so people can take a look.

Anyway you have used my config file before, and I added this to my file:

R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_heliportables = R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_heliportables + R3F_LOG_CFG_remorqueurs + R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_remorquables +
[
	"AN2_DZ",
	"C130J_US_EP1",
	"GNT_C185U",
	"GNT_C185",
	"GNT_C185R",
	"GNT_C185C"
];

What that means is it will also add ALL entries form the others Lists R3F_LOG_CFG_remorqueurs and R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_remorquables to the liftable objects. So I did that to simplify the config and don't just copy the entries to the section as other people did before.. :D But with that config helis can lift cargo trucks, cars and planes, NO other helis!

Yeah I see the problem, you have all this in the list of TOWable objects in your config ("R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\config.sqf"):

"AN2_DZ",
    "GNT_C185C",
    "GNT_C185R",
    "GNT_C185U",
    "GNT_C185",
	"C130J_US_EP1",
	"CH47_base_EP1",
	"Mi17_base",
	"Mi24_Base",
	"UH1H_base",
	"UH1_Base",
	"UH60_Base",
	"MV22",
	"BAF_Merlin_HC3_D",
	"Ka60_Base_PMC",
	"Mi24_Base"

And with my additional config every towable object will also be liftable :p

Best solution would be to just remove those form the towable objecs or do u really want to tow helis and planes? Its pretty ugly :D

Oh wait a minute... So if I have them in as Towable they can also be lifted?

I just want to lift planes because they usually spawn in places where it is impossible to take off. Forrests etc.

So I need to modify my R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\config.sqf to the following:
"AN2_DZ",
"GNT_C185C",
"GNT_C185R",
"GNT_C185U",
"GNT_C185",
"C130J_US_EP1",

In both, Towable AND Liftable sections, right?

Do I need to have anything in the R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG.7z\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\addons_config file? Or can I just remove every vehicle from this file? (to avoid confusion)

Yeah well basic knowledge of scripting or programming would help dude, not easy to tell you everything step by step for somethintg like this :P

Anyway you need to undo my change in the file "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\addons_config\arma2_CO_objects.sqf", go to line 228 and change

R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_heliportables = R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_heliportables + R3F_LOG_CFG_remorqueurs + R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_remorquables +

to

R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_heliportables = R3F_LOG_CFG_objets_heliportables +

I told you before that I did change that and if you don't know what you are doing, better don't copy and paste stuff in :D

Btw I dont like that this developer of RF3 did all code with french variable names, but it is like this and we have to deal with it, I don't speak french myself so... :p

You sir have resolved my problem :)

i'm just starting with this stuff so i'm sorry if I'm a bit annoying with my misunderstanding of some things :D

I learn a lot I must say :)

At least I have managed to add some custom buildings into my server without any issues :O progress! :D

THANK YOU AXE COP

Problem solved :) If anyone needs help with the same issue I am happy to go over what we done in this thread with Axe Cop

Just let me know.