Client or Server issue? Items disappearing from sheds & elsewhere

Kurdain

Hello,

Very new to Epoch, love the game but I am having to start over after each restart. Here is a little background...

I play on a private server with a handful of friends, mostly we are just testing stuff out and seeing if we like Epoch, Overwatch, Vanilla, or maybe Overpoch. Anyways...there are only ever a handful of us on.

So.

Several of us have had items disappear, sometimes from vehicles, sometimes you log in with nothing and even sometimes items in backpacks disappear.

Lately I have been having a lot of items, seemingly randomly, vanish from my storage shed.

I know the items are not being taken.

Most recent example:

Last night I logged out with ~80 slots left in the shed.

I waited ~15 minutes and logged back in, all my items were still there so I thought I was good.

Logged out for the night.

The server was restarted many hours later.

I logged in today and I have 173 slots left in the shed. So during restart ~100 items vanished.

Full briefcases, random ammo, weapons, etc...

However.

The skin I purchased was still active on my character, the sandbag walls I built right before logging are still there. Items in 1 of the vehicles are still there.

A couple weapons that disappeared on the restart before this one re-appeared also.

What is going on?

Storage sheds bugged?

Server database issue?

Server is not regularly restarted, which seemed fine at first but the last week we loose items every restart. Cause?

What can I do to try to prevent this?

Thank you,

Spoke with my friend that runs the server, he is using MySQL and it is not being restarted with the server.

1 thing to note I built the shed near Klen trader town, it is about 15 meters outside the 'bubble' city limit. This shouldn't matter right?

It was fine for about a week then started having issues.

I hope someone can come along and help resolve this.

I put in 100 pieces of wood, and they seem to be staying over the last few restarts.

However I put in some cheap weapons, and they vanish immediately on restart.

Items I leave in vehicles seems to be staying.

Are storage sheds bugged? Is there something special server side that needs to be done to make them work correctly?

I have 27 tool/weapons slots open it shouldn't be deleting anything.

I would really appreciate help, or at least point me in the right direction to someone/where I could find the information.

Thanks,

I abandoned the server.

I can't count how many cases of gold and piles of ammo, weapons and what-not have vanished, and that's only the stuff I noticed.

My friend tried to recreate the missing key in the database but it wouldn't appear on my character. It is all very weird.

I hope mods are still active on ARMA 2 Epoch and don't abandon it for ARMA 3....

It's happening again on another instance of the game on the same server (Pantera map instead of Chenarus). Last night my main weapon and my back peck, both of which I was wearing when I logged out, was gone when I logged in.

The previous night I was suspicious as a 9x10 gold ounce case was missing.

It seems to affect mainly me, but I am sure I am the only one taking before log-off and after log-in screen shots.

So I deleted and uninstalled everything arma 2 related from my PC and reinstalled. I hope for the best.

Also there has to be a place where questions like this could be addressed, because this forum doesn't seem very active, well, at least on this issue :).

Is there a better place to go for 'support'?

"I do not know, my friend owns and maintains the instance. I will ask though."

So why does your friend not ask and maybe provide some information like if this is pure vanilla epoch (windows/linux) or if he or someone did modify the server (I guess so) and if so what.

Maybe then someone can help.

Regards

P.S.: the support is always as good as the questions from the one asking for it ;)

"I do not know, my friend owns and maintains the instance. I will ask though."

So why does your friend not ask and maybe provide some information like if this is pure vanilla epoch (windows/linux) or if he or someone did modify the server (I guess so) and if so what.

Maybe then someone can help.

Regards

P.S.: the support is always as good as the questions from the one asking for it ;)

I have been bugging him, trust me.

I am extremely frustrated so I am searching for a solution to try and help him resolve the issue.

Although I may not have all the answers I certainly do my best, as I answered the first replies question after asking.

It is a Linux server.

A list of things to check for or something I can help point him in the right direction.

Just now I spent 2 hours gathering wood, melting it down into lumber and plywood. Put it all in my truck (around 220 pieces) and logged out 15 minutes before restart.

Moved each vehicle a few times to 'update' it's position, cycled a few minor things in inventory as well (all theories from other websites).

It's all gone, as well as my main weapon, back pack and probably some other things I haven't noticed.

Weird thing is that the other vehicle that still have 50 raw wood in it was fine, still has the wood.

The restart before this one I didn't loose anything (I have been taking before and after restart screenshots)

I will point him here first chance I get, but anything beforehand helps.