Epoch 0.2.5 Patch

buddy74

When the 0.25 patch drops it'll be on here for download plus upgraded to by GSPs, pretty much at the same time I'd bet.

Side note, but on topic: my excitement for this mod just took a massive hit now that there's going to be a banking system. Doesn't fit with the "harsh environment" theme at all, personally. Safes were a massive bore for me on A2E because they were easy, cheap and indestructible. Now we're pointed towards ATMs & telephone boothes for everyone to rush to or camp over for hours. Satisfaction in getting krypto safe for me would come from building something elaborate, upgrading a storage item over multiple levels, or finding a rare-as-fuck lockbox or similar. The other two big mods for A3 have banking. Hoped for something different with this.

[New] Player Krypto account added. Accessed by pressing the Inventory key next to a phonebooth or an ATM. Larger the transaction the longer it takes.

When the 0.25 patch drops it'll be on here for download plus upgraded to by GSPs, pretty much at the same time I'd bet.

Side note, but on topic: my excitement for this mod just took a massive hit now that there's going to be a banking system. Doesn't fit with the "harsh environment" theme at all, personally. Safes were a massive bore for me on A2E because they were easy, cheap and indestructible. Now we're pointed towards ATMs & telephone boothes for everyone to rush to or camp over for hours. Satisfaction in getting krypto safe for me would come from building something elaborate, upgrading a storage item over multiple levels, or finding a rare-as-fuck lockbox or similar. The other two big mods for A3 have banking. Hoped for something different with this.

[New] Player Krypto account added. Accessed by pressing the Inventory key next to a phonebooth or an ATM. Larger the transaction the longer it takes.

What would be different!?  There can be excitement in killing someon just as they leave a ATM and also a rush of needing money during heavy server population and having to risk going to one.

What would be different!?  There can be excitement in killing someon just as they leave a ATM and also a rush of needing money during heavy server population and having to risk going to one.

I think what the dev team is trying to do is to implement all the features that most big servers have already customised in. This should reduce how different the game feels from one server to another. 

Banking systems are not necessarily a bad thing if the limit you can deposit is set low enough.

EDIT: Was meaning to reply to the post above the one i quoted, no mouse on this computer so semi hard to fix ;)

Side note, but on topic: my excitement for this mod just took a massive hit now that there's going to be a banking system. Doesn't fit with the "harsh environment" theme at all.

I don't know if adding this feature is a bad thing as lots of people will be spending an awful lot of time building up a presence on there favorite server and to loose lots does hurt some more then others.  Maybe the Dev's could enable a config to disable the ATM system for servers who want to run with a hard core mode.

I also think that this system could have a couple of extra config types.  

maybe have a set of modes

• ATM's around the map With safe zone
  • ATM's around the map without safe zones
  • Have one Great big bank with Mercenaries AI that could be Raided if you have the Stones
  • Small Branches with AI
  • Your personal safe can hold the cold hard cash.
  • you can put it under your mattress

These are just some thoughts on how they could be configured but I know that adds additional complexity, but it could also help to provide server diversity

Just my 2 cents

I am not sure how I feel about this.

Would there be an advantage to taking smallish mini trips to the ATM, rather than standing there in the middle of the night like a fool depositing 1000s at once LOL

I did not like the idea at first, but this game needs anything to make it more viable for solo players. Actually I may fire her up tonight and see what happens.