Custom trader spawning vehicles

carl101

Question

hi guys, just a quick question regarding the spawning of vehicles with a custom trader.

Vehicles spawn as they should, they just dont spawn in the correct place where i placed the helipad.

Basically i have a base with the trader on the ground and want the vehices to spawn on the roof which is 2 upgraded cinder blocks walls high.

But they spawn on the ground outside the base in front of the traders direction that she is facing.

so is there anyways to get the vehicles to spawn correctly on the roof? or is it just that the distance is too far?

6 answers to this question

I don't think you can spawn them at a fixed height, they spawn on the ground and choose the nearest space that's clear.

That isnt correct. Atleast not from my experiences with custom traders.  The way i place my heli pads is be placing a burning barrel in infistar. and change the classname in the database. Im sure their are easier ways but once being impatient i used a sign and didnt have it on the ground properly and once i changes the classname in db helihcivil the pad was on the ground but the cars spawned floating 2 m in the air,

That being said. Go to the rooftop place a  burn barrel and make sire its ever so slightly above the surface. Go into database\object data  find the barrel you just place (filter by timestamp or log out near it and compare coords) unless u have infistar then use admin debug for coords. Change the classname of the burn barrel to the heli pad and it should spawn the vehicles up there.

unless u have infistar then use admin debug for coords. Change the classname of the burn barrel to the heli pad and it should spawn the vehicles up there.

Or just tap "i" on the barrel for the object id :D

i did some testing with it and its pretty buggy. Its probably doable with a bit of tinkering with the Z coord of the helipad. From the start it spawns it way to high so the proper coord is somewhere between the ground and the roof.

Note: Even when the red arrow was seemingly exactly where it should be it still spawned 10m above the roof.