Snap Build Pro for A3

Zombiemeatspin

With the recurring topic of glitching into bases could Snap Build Pro be adapted to Arma 3 and be a solution to help reduce this problem?

Currently the problem sits when there is a gap between two objects or where two collision meshes merge together. People exploit these collisions issues by either vaulting, crawling or jumping through objects. Of course these 3 game mechanics will stay because frankly without these in pvp situations it would sucks terribly.

So, perhaps a building system not relying entirely on gravity which would snap the objects together could eventually be a beginning of a fix for the collision mesh problems? There is also the break a leg option that could be used but Arma 3 is so buggy and glitchy in general that it would result in a lot of complaining and false positive broken legs in these forums.

Anyway, I'd love to see an upgraded building system with more building option that will help tighten up the constructions.

sadly enough. i dont think snap pro is a solution for the grubby behaviour

I host 2 overpoch servers, both use snap pro / vectors.

The most common ban reason is still glitching into bases.

certain vehicles pass straight through doors and so forth.

active penalisation of grubby behaviour is by far the best deterrent.
in game scripts that do these things are the best method. an admin cant be spectating all people at all times. so if someone tries to go through a wall and dies.

that would be the best way to make the offending player think twice about doing it again

when that script was included with epoch that killed players who got out of their vehicle through a wall. that was such a huge help.

sure its killed me a couple of times when getting out of my car in my airlock, but give me that any day, rather than letting any man and his dog just park next to my wall and hop out of the car and come inside to help themselves to my stuff

Actually under the hood A3E building system uses very similar method to SBP, but instead of predefined local positions in configs, Epoch uses memory LODs that are defined inside building models.

Both has ups and downs, memory method is faster on resources, but harder to maintain as it requires recompiling p3d, where SBP you only need to edit config that can sit in mission file. That's where main differences ends, unfortunately

One of possible solutions would be same as DZE uses - disabling vaulting when near Epoch buildables. There was also a nice fix for those who base glitched trough metal floors by proning... code involved checking geometry collisions if I'm not mistaken

Sounds interesting so perhaps if you are inside the radio beacon radius add an automatic script that disable vaulting and jumping in the beacon's vicinity?

Although with that solution I could still see a few problems occurring. For instance, when there is a gap between two floor you can sometimes get stuck in between those two. This would lead to awkward situations trying to get out of these without vaulting. Probability would be falling through the floor/ceilings to a level below.   

However, I think overall this would most likely fix 90% of the base glitching problems.

Then it would still leave crawling under objects where there is a gap in between like two cinders walls at an angle, metal doorways, etc.  

No

Putting in Snap bulding pro is not going to fix anything.

Putting in Tank Traps/Wire Fences may help but If I am correct they will have to look at removing any of the character stances in A3 that seem to allow players to pass through objects.

I know A3 has a few new ones and it's one (that I won't mention) of these new ones that may be the culprit.