New at owning a server

Wayans

Question

10 answers to this question

init.sqf is in MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus (or whichever map you are running).

I've seen some stuff out there, so the process usually its. Extract .pbo edit files compress .pbo file again, am i right? any recommended pbo extraction tool?

When adding stuff be sure not to replace any files from dayz_code or dayz_server, this includes not replacing references to them with 'fixes' folders in your mission.

Any changes to existing files should be edited manually in a text editor (notepad++) so as not to break the epoch code. Most addon authors provide a manual installation process.

Most of the arma 2 modding downloads involve adding another mod which require your players to have the same mods, generally those should be safe...

..though you never know. Good luck and welcome to the joy and challenges of scripting for arma :)

I've added some scripts just messing up with the file on missionsmp, added the AI, selfbloodbag and takeclothes succesfully.

I must check why vehicles lose the filled ammo after restart.

That's a feature with 1.0.2.4. Ammo gets removed from vehicles on server restart.

Are you being sarcastic? It's a bug?

Also I think i saw a server mod list in the forums but can't find it anymore.

No, it's an actual change made in 1.0.2.4.

[CHANGED] All armed vehicles now spawn with no ammo and on each restart. You must now find then add your own ammunition to wreak havoc. Change this with by using non "_DZE" classes of vehicles.

http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php?title=Changelogs#CHANGE_LOG_1.0.2.4