Building without a frequency jammer is not good for the mod.

Kadajin

As the title sais. I think alowing players to build without first making their jammer is not good.

Players should only be able to build tents / shelvs / campfire and not every noob with an axe can fill the server limit trying to learn how to build. In Arma 2 epoch you needed a plote pole down before you started building and it workend out great.

Like this you always have to wait for other people's shit to despawn or go destroy all the useless walls and floors everywhere.

That is another problem on it's own. My group and I tryed to blow up some walls found by placeing them next to a gas station and blowing it up. After restart the walls where still there even though they blew up before. We have to waste our own explosives or cars to make room on the server to build our bases. It's not fun.. at all :( ( Edit* walls blown up with cars come back after restart :( )

I know it's hard to build a jammer because scrap metal is so rare but this will prevent a lot of server lag and keep the build limit in check better.

I agree,  we haven't gotten into base building yet as there are usually only 3 of us playing at the moment.  While running around the map, we've seen all kinds of parts of buildings like a single stud wall just out in the middle of nowhere where someone was just messing around.

If you have to pay just to create a group, then you should have to place a plot poll to build anything imho.

so you were pissed becuase someone blocked a gas station??Yet I see threads where it is part of the game and a-ok to block out entire military compounds.... Seems like Butt-hurt to me, If I as a solo player gets pissed off because some squad is blocking some of the best looting areas in the game, I should be able to pissed at you off by taking away something you need, like fuel..

It takes solo players a hell of a long time to build a jammer, so your idea is shit.. nothing personal though :)

so you were pissed becuase someone blocked a gas station??Yet I see threads where it is part of the game and a-ok to block out entire military compounds.... Seems like Butt-hurt to me, If I as a solo player gets pissed off because some squad is blocking some of the best looting areas in the game, I should be able to pissed at you off by taking away something you need, like fuel..

It takes solo players a hell of a long time to build a jammer, so your idea is shit.. nothing personal though :)

I think you misunderstood him. He took all the stuff there to blow it up for low money. By the way, why didnt you take it to your own base?

Change the price for the jammer. Mix it a bit. 4 scrap. 4 electro. 2 whatever.

Im used to build a flagpole in our DayZ Vanilla Server with unique basebuilding too.

So +1 under certain circumstances

I agree, also. It makes no sence to build without the jammer, cause you need the jammer for the lock, without the jammer everybody can unlock your locked door.

I agree, too. But I think, since this mod is still alpha, maybe that is for (stress)testing purposes. So I think we all should be a little patient and wait for some further releases ;)

Yeap, but it also not bad to tell them our opinions, it is just a question how it happens.

A lot of new players will not realize they need a frequency jammer until they try building on uneven ground. When they then research how to build on uneven ground, will no doubt come across foundations which require a frequency jammer (this happened to us). There is no doubt they are stress testing the capacity, so expect that to be increased at some point.

Our team have multiple frequency jammers now, expanding like the romans!

After reading all the "Agrees" and "Totally Agrees", started to wonder what you all are "Totally Agreeing" for?  :lol:

But seriously... I think that HFPatzi said what we all should realize... !!ALPHA!!  Don't know how long you "Pro Builders" have been around, because a couple months ago you would have been whining that you didn't have enough materials to build a proper structure!  Unless that was some of you even back then  :ph34r: 

HERE'S AN IDEA!  You have a group of guys/gals, or by yourself, go rob the noobs that don't have a Frequency Jammer and take their building materials!!!!  Stop whining to the dev's about upping it again, when they are working on more important things at the moment, and look for a solution! :P

*and yes I believe everyone has their right to their own opinion... I'm sure you have your own about me right now  B)

HERE'S AN IDEA!  You have a group of guys/gals, or by yourself, go rob the noobs that don't have a Frequency Jammer and take their building materials!!!! 

How you wanna take it? Grab it and run to your base? Right now you can not pack it in your backpack, can you?

Yeah, its kinda annoying if you try to make a base and then it will say world limit reached. Just because some trolls decided to throw some walls and floors everywhere or stairs on the middle of the road..

This walls around the world will hopfully disapear when nobody will maintain them. Not sure what will happen with walls without metal, floors and the stairs. But they will clean up later for sure.

I disagree!

Being able to explore building needs to be as available as it is now. I don't disagree with a shorter lifetime for items that aren't protected by jammer though. Give un-jammed wooden walls a 48hr lfietime? That's fine. But I should still be able to try things without investing in the time to make a jammer.

Plus, the limit forces you to then go out and fight someone else's 'territory' and destroy their jammer if you want one of your own. It makes for a good fighting reason/dynamic.

@ Todd1 and Killawhat stop the troll and the hate :P

lol no hate here, just a suggestion  :D

How you wanna take it? Grab it and run to your base? Right now you can not pack it in your backpack, can you?

You can not pack the walls in your backpack or a vehicle just yet, BUT I have seen numerous times groups and individuals go pretty far lengths to move their own walls/ramps, or what they claim now is theirs, to their base.  I will admit that there is a HUGE risk involved from having a ramp over your head and running across the map, but they made it work for the limits that are set at this time.

I know this is still alpha and for stress purposes you can build without a jammer. But that doesn't explain the low metal spawn. Corugated walls don't need to be tested ?

It's counter intuitive.

The walls you find may not always be at a reasonable distance from your base.

People will build and destroy and steal walls with or without a jammer. But building only with a jammer allow for relevant building only.

And really if they want to stress test the build limit they can spawn random walls whenever. They don't need the players filling the server with them.

They do however need players to build complex structures and find complex bugs and that is hard to do if you need to baricade and existing building with just 4 5 walls 'coz that is all you can build...

And the lone wolf argument is invalid. One guy with a satchel can take over a base by blowing up the jammer and replaceing it with his own. It doesn't even take a satchel.. you can park a vehicle next to it and blow it up.

Building without a jammer makes no sens.

You can not pack the walls in your backpack or a vehicle just yet, BUT I have seen numerous times groups and individuals go pretty far lengths to move their own walls/ramps, or what they claim now is theirs, to their base.  I will admit that there is a HUGE risk involved from having a ramp over your head and running across the map, but they made it work for the limits that are set at this time.

Yes, I was thinking about that when I found a big base, but then I changed my mind, running with a wall 2km, never ever ;).

stupid idea......

so you have to place your jammer first.... what if you want it on a floor or raised up of fthe ground by a few storys...... cant do that if you cant build a few items first....

the devs have implemented a system to stop the build limit.... you know the base maintenance every 7 days else your building parts disappear...

its there for a reason. ie to clear all the random stud walls floors and ramps people dump around. 

so if you build like i do ie you build your jammer room first then place your jammer and build the rest of the base around the secure room....