Some questions for you guys.

MrEnzO

Question

Hey, have a couple questions to you guys. 
Why does some of the traders have a animation sometime, and it seems to be totally random.
One serverstart the traders have it, next time they just stand there like a statue. I would like all of them to have it. I thinks it looks better, anybody know how to do that?

Whats the best way to get overwatch cloths at a trader. What are the best script or method.

Does someone of you guys have the solution with the loot at chopper crash/massgrave? That all the loot are in the middle of the site/under the chopper.

Edit. I should add that we ar running a OverPoch server. Are just about to switch over Chenarus from to NAPF, a totaly overwhole, all new traders and stuff. So thats why I am asking about this.

6 answers to this question

I dont know how epoch disable the animations, normally it would be like this: 

_this disableAI "ANIM";

But as far as i know they dont use it on the traders, at least i cant find it at the default ones vehicles init.

For the clothing stuff, i think the one from zupa is the best one.

My traders have never had an animation them selves, only the player buying/selling. As far as adding clothes to trader, just go into you database and find the trader you want to add them too and just use the copy function to create a new item and change the classname and price. Also google Private Hive Tools. Its got some nice features for adding and removing traders/items/buildings. And as far as chopper loot just google it. I have seen tons of scripts (while not even looking for them) that configure the chopper crash loot.

here's a sample code from my overpoch traders. Cool skin and working idle animation at all times

_unit_670 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createAgent ["Winter_SOF_DA1b", [6296.33,7803.79,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit_670 = _this;
  _this setDir 310;
  _this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false; this disableAI 'FSM'; this disableAI 'MOVE'; this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; this disableAI 'TARGET'; this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; this forceSpeed 0;";
  _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
  _this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; /*_this disableAI 'MOVE';*/ _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;/*_this enableSimulation false;*/}; 

Forgot who posted solution to this to give a credit, but there's a topic on the subject on forums

Just to clarify. I have made a entirely new missionfile. From scratch for the map NAPF. It have:

GUE_Soldier_1 Bandit

Soldier_Sniper_PMC Jon's Air plane dealer

RU_Damsel1 Jen's Air plane dealer

Tanny_PMC Hero

//Trader City Lausen\\
Drake Ammo
BAF_Soldier_AAR_DDPM Weapon
Citizen3_EP1 Vehicle
Damsel3 Health
Damsel1 Food
RU_Sportswoman1 Parts

//Trader City Munchenstein\\
US_Delta_Force_AR_EP1 Ammo
Soldier_MG_PKM_PMC Weapon
Pilot_EP1 Vehicle
Dr_Annie_Baker_EP1 Health
RU_Housewife3 Food
SchoolTeacher Parts

//Trader City Liestal\\
BAF_Soldier_EN_MTP Ammo
Herrera_Light Weapon
GUE_Worker2 Vehicle
RU_Damsel4 Health
Madam2 Food
GUE_Villager4 Parts

//Trader City Hungerschwand\\
Rita_Ensler_EP1 High End Food
CIV_EuroWoman02_EP1 Gems and Metals
TK_CIV_Takistani06_EP1 High End Vehicle

Black Market
Dixon_PMC High End Armed Vehicle with ammo, High End Weapons, Explosive, Vehicle Ammo

//Wholesaler\\
RU_Secretary2 High End (ChianSaw, Metal floor, Bulk) [WholeSaler Goldwil]
Functionary2 Normal Wholesaler [Wholesaler Emmen]
Functionary1_EP1 Normal Wholesaler [Wholesaler Trueb]

//Boat Dealer\\
Citizen3 Boats   [boat Dealer Alpnach]
CIV_EuroMan02_EP1 Boats [boat Dealer Hubel]

This is the code for this guys. It is from our Chenarus server. Unit 48 is the trader to the left (ammo trader) and unit 49 is the one to the right (weapon trader). The code is the same for both of them, but only one is moving.

Code

_unit_48 = objNull;

if (true) then
{
  _this = createAgent ["Soldier_MG_PMC", [6329.1069, 7790.7651], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit_48 = _this;
  _this setDir 111.3273;
  _this setVehicleInit "this allowDammage false; this disableAI 'FSM'; this disableAI 'MOVE'; this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; this disableAI 'TARGET'; this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; this forceSpeed 0;";
_this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;};

_unit_49 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createAgent ["Soldier_MG_PKM_PMC", [6330.1953, 7792.3398, -3.0517578e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit_49 = _this;
  _this setDir 127.65099;
_this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;};

@oSoDirty

It's the event one, not the animated one. The one thats come with dayz. The crash_spawner.sqf and the loot for it. We are using CfgServerTrader and I have made a traderlist/pricelist for them. But I don't think that is that easy. And this is the overwatch cloths we are talking about. 

@StiflersM0M

You find the code for it in your mission file for your map. And the you can see a example for just above.

@raymix

So the only diffrent in your code and the default one is the last line.

Default:

Yours:

_this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; /*_this disableAI 'MOVE';*/ _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;/*_this enableSimulation false;*/};

And that should make the move.

So what I am looking for is a fix for the loot at Heli (crash_spawner.sqf), supply drops(supply_drop.sqf) and mass graves. To get the trader to make a small animation and then adding overwatch cloths to the trader (not on the trader), so you can buy them. We are using CfgServerTrader. 

And one other thing. As that we are using CfgServerTrader, can I give the traders a new TID or do I need to use the ones that they alredy have?
For exemple start clean at a number like 100 and then build on that? Next one is 101, 102, 103 and so on.

And thanks guys for your anserws alredy.

adding overwatch cloths to the trader (not on the trader), so you can buy them. 

you can't, because that would require editing CfgMagazines and CfgVehicles, these 2 are not compatible with missionConfig and can not be altered.

There are some workarounds posted in script release section, look for overpoch cloth traders, they utilize UI system to select clothing and apply it to players.

you can't, because that would require editing CfgMagazines and CfgVehicles, these 2 are not compatible with missionConfig and can not be altered.

There are some workarounds posted in script release section, look for overpoch cloth traders, they utilize UI system to select clothing and apply it to players.

Ok thanks. 

But I found the fix for the loot thing anyway. I look here a long time ago and they were not here then....lol https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/tree/master/SQF/dayz_server/modules

But it fix it anyway. The loot is spread around the site now.